“Amazing”

and up
Dolphin Cruise from Adelaide with Optional Dolphin Swim
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Glenelg
More attraction details
Owner description: Temptation is a 58 foot sailing catamaran which has been doing wild dolphin swims daily since 2001, in this time we have never been out on a dolphin cruise and not seen dolphins. In fact we will give you all your money back if dolphins are not seen on this cruise. Dolphins always come over to Temptation and you can stand or lay above them on our front nets. If you wish to swim, no worries (but book early to avoid disappointment) this is a totally wild experience, no feeding, no touching just viewing from within the water. Because these are wild dolphins we have strict rules to abide by (both for the safety of the swimmers and the dolphins) and sometimes it can be rushed to get the swimmers in the water and sometimes the crew do need to yell so that the swimmers know which way to look under water. If you book in for a swim and on the day change your mind, no problems we can refund the difference (direct bookings only), especially for young children who decide they don't want to swim, that way they don't need to feel forced to go into the water. Remember you will always see more dolphins from on board, but seeing wild dolphins underwater is just amazing.
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

At first i was a skeptical paying $68 a ticket when most cruises are $30. However, the amount of time we were on the boat, the amount of dolphins we saw and the service and knowledge of the deck crew made it all worthwhile. While im not sure i would pay to swim for personal reasons as well as visibility, just the watch was perfect. Very relaxing morning with amazing views both inside and outside the water. Thank you to the crew!

Cephalonia, Greece
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“I did it !!!!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I dont really do "early starts" - but the Dolphins do - so we had to get up early and get on the boat. Really good turn out - decided I did not want to swim - I did swim with dolphins in Mexico - so this was not my priority on this trip.

The staff on the boat were lovely people and their were several nationalities on board. But sadly - the dolphins did not want to play - we did see quite a few - but they did not seem to want to communicate.

To be totally honest - the trip back to the port was not good - I got really "WET" and COLD - but I am not really a boat trip lover - it was an experience

Adelaide, Australia
“Tick this off your bucket list”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would have to say that temptation sailing was one of the best experiences of my life, the weather was perfect, the water was clear and there were so many dolphins, the first pod we saw weren't very good they came past the boat but didn't really interact with us, then when we got to the second pod, i hopped into the water and they came right up to me, it was just an amazing thing to see them in the wild, you could even hear them making noises, i took my underwater camera and got some great shots! The crew were so nice and welcoming, they were all well educated and could answer every question we asked, i will definitely be going on temptation Sailing again.

Adelaide, South Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“It could have been amazing ...”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A group of us chose Temptation Sailing for our Christmas get-together ... unfortunately other groups were also aboard - it is only possible to solely book the catamaran if there are at least 20 people. This was not a highlight for my Christmas 2013!!

Apart from the fact there was not enough room for all 3 parties at the front of the boat (without sitting on each other) it also was very difficult to purchase a drink at the bar due to some patrons ordering numerous drinks at a time to ensure they got their drinks package worth. It was too late into the cruise when the captain ordered "one drink per person" ... for some the first drink was bought on the return journey while others sat with 3-4 drinks each from the time the bar was open ... consequently, some drinks were then sold out!!

Weather was excellent, the captain and staff were excellent ... I would recommend not taking the cruise unless you have a party of 20+ people and have the boat to yourselves.

There is no food available for purchase but platters can be ordered and taken on board. There is no BYO drinks allowed - maybe this should be looked at ... I would rather pay for corkage than not get a drink at all! There is also not enough seating area for the number of people who were on board.

This, unfortunately, was not the relaxing cruise I had envisioned where I could sit with my friends, sipping a cocktail with the sea breeze gently blowing my hair.

Visited December 2013
Stephen W, Owner at Temptation Sailing, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
HI Tili-9
Thank you for your feedback.
I remember this cruise - it was a Saturday night sunset cruise in December (our peak Christmas season).
Temptation is always full on a public Saturday sunset cruises at this time of year. Being a public cruise you don't know who is going to be on the boat with you so some people prefer to book the boat out privately - this can be done for as few as two people and up to 50 people. - so I'm not sure why you thought you needed to have 20.
If people only bought drinks on the return trip this would be that persons choice as the bar was open as soon as we left the marina.
with regards to drinks - in 14 years of operation we have never run out of a style of drink (beer, white wine, red wine, cocktails, spirits or soft drinks) - but we do run out on certain brands - but there are always other choices or brands.
We have a "special circumstances" liquor lisence for the boat and this does not include BYO.
There is always room on the boat (even for 50 passengers) - with positions back, front and side of the vessel.
We hope you consider Temptation again for a sunset cruise.
Regards STEVE
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm a local and for years I'd seen the Temptation Sailing boat but had never taken the initiative to book in and try it out! Finally changed that late last year when I went on the Dolphin Watch. Whilst onboard I got to watch dolphins playing and had many opportunities to take beautiful close-up photos. There was something very special and unique about seeing the dolphins in their own environment roaming freely and behaving naturally. Although I know that dolphin encounters would vary on different days and bad weather would alter the experience, our boat was lucky enough to come across many pods of dolphins. Will have to go back and do the swim one day!

Visited December 2012