“One of my favourites!”

The Strand Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 162 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Over the years, it has become an icon to the Glenelg locals. The Strand prides its self on maintaining a high quality and consistent level of hospitality. The Strand welcomes all customer. It is friendly and relaxed, which is evident with the large amount of regular clientele it attracts. A diverse menu offering breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
“One of my favourites!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love this place! I have been going here for 8 years and the food is almost always fantastic! The chicken salad has been one of my favourites for a long time and the frozen mango/raspberry cocktail (I've completely forgotten the name! Tropical Storm maybe?) is AMAZING!

The only downfall I can really mention is that I could not find a better pizza in the world than at the strand until about 3-6 months ago when I went in and ordered my usual favourite and noticed that the pizza base was a different flavour and texture compared to how it used to be (It used to have a thick, fluffy and delicious flavour and is now thinner, yellower and has a strange flavour to it). I asked the chef if the recipe had changed but he said he has been there for a long time and it hasn't, but my whole family has noticed it's not as nice anymore so I unfortunately don't order it now!

I am a huge pasta lover and find that the pasta selection isn't as versatile as it could be but apart from this the food is always of good quality and very delicious. The menu is great for a large group as there is such a wide selection and always something for everyone to eat. The noise can be overbearing at times but isn't bad if you want a fun night out with friends. Definitely go and enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Camm8

Leeds
“lively restaurant and good food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Really like this place. The (Italian) food is good but what really makes it is the atmosphere. It has a very lively and young feel to it. I've been a few times, once for a full meal and the second time just for a bottle of wine and desert which was really nice. There is a great selection of local wines and deserts are on display. Staff are attentive and efficient. All in all a great evening.

• Visited October 2013
“nothing special”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

we ate here last Monday lunch for a friends birthday and as usual was busy. its a very noisy place which can be make it hard to hear at times.
I hadn't eaten at the strand for a while and was looking forward to the salt and pepper squid. however I was quite disappointed - firstly no entrees at lunchtime so we paid $26 for a large meal with lots of lettuce and a few bits of squid which was not very yummy that's for sure and most people on my table thought the same. service was quite good thou. I wont be back as im sure there are better eateries at Glenelg

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jtnru
Gold Coast, Australia
“Beyond amazing food with phenomenal Staff!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My 14 yr old son and I do travel o/s a lot and have very recently moved to South Australia for my job.We accidentally stumbled across,The Strand,without our prior intention to eat out anywhere last night 13/8/13.It was these important things to grab attention,the cleanliness was prominante and whilst looking at the menu for perhaps a future visit,we were greeted by a staff member to say (as it was quite late 8:30) that we would be more than welcome..straight away A +++
We were seated and never rushed.We both had garlic bread(pizza style) and filet mignon,Simply superb! The atmosphere and wonderful layout of the restaurant and desserts for miles to feast your eyes on..My last and the golden ticket (weekly restaurant visit) was the impeccable staff,nothing leaves a better taste in your mouth than a home like friendly dinner.As a Greek,family like care whist eating out is very important and these chefs know how to cook!! My son on our way home said "we found our once a week restaurant place".Thank you guys and John you went beyond when you didn't have to.We will see you very soon!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Terri C
Adelaide, Australia
“Not totally satisfied !”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've eaten here a few times now and most of the times it's really good. However, I think the meals are a little bit overpriced for what they are. The serves are also way to big (might suit most people) so I ordered an entrée size instead. Saying this, I wasn't very impressed when the bill came and I was charge for a main meal - I showed the bill to the staff who said it was for an entrée size meal so I checked the menu again and showed them that it was for a main meal. They refunded me the difference but it shouldn't have come to this in the first place.
I do like the food here and I'll be back even as I said, it's a bit over priced.

• Visited August 2013