“Delicious and consistent…”
Review of Kathmandu Palace

Kathmandu Palace
Reserve with
Kathmandu Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 161 Restaurants in Glenelg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious and consistent…”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Consistency in quality of the meals is very important. Not many restaurants can deliver it over the years. Kathmandu Palace certainly can. Living nearby, my husband and myself are regular customers in last few years. The meals there never disappoint us. It’s hard to resist the momos, and the butter chicken and the lamb cutlets are so tasty. It is our favorite restaurant in Glenelg.
I was a little reluctant to mention about Kathmandu Palace in the past, just in case all seats would be taken and no spots left for us!

Visited April 2013

Adelaide
“Now, it is 5 star”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went here Friday night. I really could not fault it. The wine list used to be poor but this has been fixed. IN fact we brought our own wine thinking they still had the old wine list. So now, this is a five star. If you don't want a marina or ocean view, and definitely on a cooler evening, this is the best restaurant in Glenelg IMO.

• Visited March 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had never tried Nepalese food before, loved it. A lot more subtle flavors than Indian, really enjoyed the buffalo, look forward to trying the goat at a later visit. Our daughter is dairy intolerant, the owner was most helpful in assisting us with the choice of food for our meal. Service was excellent and the food was value for money, no hesitations in recommending this restaurant to others. Enjoy.

“Nepalese food at its finest!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect when booking the Kathmandu restaurant - I must say we were delightfully surprised with the warm welcoming service and cosy atmosphere. The food was also delicious and a good size serving. Dishes such as buffalo offer a unique dining experience keeping the menu interesting. Overall an enjoyable dining experience, give this one a go!

Adelaide, Australia
“kathmandu palace delight”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

What a beautiful, quaint, warm little restaurant. Not being able to eat very spicy food, what a pleasure it was to discover Nepalese cuisine, Not over powered with chilli, so I could eat the food without sweating or having my tongue catch on fire. The flavours were fantastic and just right. The staff were friendly and polite. The owner was so nice.
I have been to Glenelg many times and wish I had discovered it earlier. I will be back. How did I not see it, just opposite Coles Supermarket.
Give it a try, I am sure you will enjoy.
My five year old, even wanted to go back the next day for dumplings for lunch.
Thanks for a memorable dinner.

• Visited December 2012