“Good club grub”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Yes, it's a club. So it's not fantastic. Definitely nothing to write home about. We ate here just about every day of our 5 day stay in Toowoomba. We had the seafood basket the first night and it was decidedly average. But the hot food and salad bar made up for it. This is included in the price of main meals and it definitely made it worth it, so much so that one night I just had the "salads and vegetable bar" option. There are various Daily and Weekly specials so it is worth checking them out as they are oretty good.valud.

As for the Courtesy Bus. Great idea and we were happy to use it. However. The return bus (ie taking us back to where we were staying) didn't operate until 8.30pm (8pm on Monday and Tuesday) and we couldn't hang on that long so it cost a fair bit for a taxi home. However can't blame that on ago one.

The Clib is a very busy place and the queues in the evening where phenomenal. I will say that I recommend it because it is not that bad.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Food is served up till 815 and taste yum. The gaming area is Big with Lots of pokies but when u wanna cash out $20 or more u have to call someone over to give u a pay out. Which was stupid! The drinks are a gd price and service is fantastic. Clean big and value for money.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We looked for a nice place to enjoy a buffet breakfast in Toowoomba on a Sunday so we picked the City Golf Club. We are not members but we did get temporary membership to enter the club. This is in a great location and the atmosphere is open, airy and friendly. Very easy to get into transport wise also.
We paid $17.90 per person (x4) to eat breakfast. The buffet was in the restaurant and every thing was laid out pretty well. Whilst I try not to be disparaging the food and selection was woeful. Eggs were limited to the watery scrambled presentation. There were no omlettes, fried, grilled or poached eggs, no eggs benedict so don't come expecting these. They did have very basic fare including breakfast sausage, bacon, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, pancakes, mince, cerial, juice, tea and coffee.
The best way to describe this would be a buffet you would get in a military mess. It certainly was not inspiring and certainly not worth the $18 we paid each. This was a disappointing event and yet it could have been so much better. A chef with a hot plate that cooked eggs to order would be almost zero to fund yet it would be great for the consumer.

This is a classic case of bland, uninspired, run-of-the-mill nothingness from a Club that should be presenting something much better. I challenge the General Manager to email or leave a message on this review. I would be happy to validate my assessment.
Next time I will go to my local McDonalds for a better selection and save myself at least $50.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We dine here a number of times throughout the year. It is a very well run club - facilities are clean and generally the staff are friendly and helpful. Food is of average quality only but it is bistro style not a restaurant - although the prices are well up there (i.e. a bit expensive) for the quality of the meal, more akin to restaurant price rather than club bistro. This is offset somewhat by reasonably priced drinks.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

On the good side it is a large club, has a courtesy bus, lots of restaurants, the staff are friendly & helpful. The Oysters were really lovely, but I was disappointed with the main meal - was rather ordinary tasting.