“Amazing Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Veraison - CLOSED

Veraison
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Tuesday (special deals). The service was exceptional and so was the food. The best meal I have ever had! Great attention to detail. :-D

1 Thank Brett181278

Toowoomba, Australia
“Wonderful Wild Things Degustation”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

"A magical weaver of exquisite flavours" is how we would describe Veraison chef Alex!... Enjoyed a superb five course degustation of salmon gravlax in pea vichyssoise, crunchy melty rabbit croquettes, tender smoked venison, gorgeous kangaroo on a bed of watercress nutty spelt and finished with native bee honey icecream. All matched with excellent wines. We dine here often and can't speak highly enough of the overall experience each time. Host Andrew and the staff are top-notch. In all the dining experiences we have had in all our travels, we have yet to find anywhere we enjoy more than Veraison dining. A true palate pleasing GEM!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank William E
Noosa, Australia
“Disappointed , lost their Germain Chef”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

About 2 years ago I had lunch at Veraison and it was wonderful, the food excellent
After leaving the restaurant , I very much looked forward to my next visit .
But on a recent visit to Toowoomba and Veraison restaurant, I found a recurring problem , I find a restaurant with great food , only to go back and the chef is no longer there.
The service very friendly and helpful.
But , I could not help being disappointed by the mediocre food served up.
It tasted very much like it had been prepared earlier and re- heated .
The prices are rather high , the restaurant was nearly empty .
After the meal, was I was left with feeling that I needed to go home and cook myself a decent meal with fresh ingredients .
These days there are so many restaurants charging top dollar , serving very average food.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank lanaQueensland
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked for 26th October (our 45th wedding anniversary) and were up from Melbourne to see our son and his partner. We booked at Veraison with them that night to celebrate.
Two wines we ordered were not available, the waygu beef was tough, the entrees were served cold, the scallops overcooked and pancetta burnt and the service was very slow. Maybe it was an "off night" or perhaps our expectations were too high coming from Melbourne.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barbara R
Toowoomba, Australia
“Always fabulous food and wine!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Recently dined at veraison and the salmon dish is one of the best I have ever tasted!!!

Flavours were perfect and Andrew matched a suitable wine which was superb. I always enjoy the time Andrew takes to explain the wine and always walk out having learned something interesting and new about wine we just enjoyed

Food is always great here - great and innovative use of local produce, always fresh and great flavour.

Highly recommended