“Very happy customer”

City Motor Inn Toowoomba
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and was very pleased. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included and was a very welcome addition along with the free Wi-Fi. Room was fine, no complaints, and the room I stayed in had a very large bathroom. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others. For the price paid I found it to be excellent value all round.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Treated like a guest and not an inconvenience from the moment I arrived to the time I left. Staff were caring and professional, the rooms were well appointed, the setting quiet yet close to everything - especially the hospital (just across the road) where I was working. I will most certainly be using this motel again on my next trip to Toowoomba. Many thanks Adam and Rob

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked online and was impressed from the start. Friendly helpful staff. Our room wasnt the biggest but had what we wanted close to everything, gorgeous landscaping, must confess I did steal a few stems of fresh lavender from the garden. The place has a ewal homely feel too it only thing missing was my mum telling me what to do.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank tjc77
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed 2 nights and was impressed - firstly it is the first hotel/motel I have stayed in that did not have a 'chemical wash' smell. They are part of the Healthy Hotel system and I loved the feel of the sheets and towels.
Secondly the bed was very comfortable and room was tidy and well presented. The room also had an Aboriginal art work - which was great. Tea, coffee and biscuits were free in the room.
Thirdly the self-serve continental breakfast was tasty, fresh and there was plenty of it.
I congratulate the guys who own and manage this 18 room motel, in the middle of Toowoomba. Also over the road from the Toowoomba Hospital.

Room Tip: There are a few first floor rooms (no elevator). I asked for a ground floor room and I got it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MB1506
Reviewed March 11, 2013

One of the owners has no idea of the term "hospitality" and gave me the impression he was running a "boot camp". We paid for a continental breakfast but was told at 8:36am that we were too late for breakfast as he had packed everything away. Most places would have willingly got the cereal, milk & instant coffee back out and accommodated their guests. never stay here again.

Room Tip: Get up early for breakfast even after a long drive the previous day.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Allan B
RobGap, Owner at City Motor Inn Toowoomba, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback Allan. Unfortunately you were unable to enjoy our breakfast service during your stay at City Motor Inn.
Our breakfast room is open from 6.30am to 8.30am during the week, and 7.00am to 9.00am on weekends for people who like a sleep in. Some guests choose to use the breakfast room and some do not. Your breakfast was Complimentary as you were staying in one of our studio rooms, you were not charged for breakfast.
At the time of your check in I explained the location and times of breakfast to you. We can not keep our breakfast room open indefinitely in case someone may or may not come to breakfast. That is why we have times explained to guests and noted in their room Compendium.
If a guest thinks they may be running a little late they are more than welcome to contact us and see if we can hold breakfast a little longer. Unfortunately you arrived after the service finished and was fully put away and were unable to join our other guests for breakfast that day.
It is unreasonable for anyone to expect a dining room to be held open indefinitely or reopened for a guest who may or may not have breakfast.
It is unfortunate that you will never stay here again and have the chance to experience the complimentary breakfast that many other guests enjoy and give good feedback about.

Adam Kelly
Owner/Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went there at short notice as I'd just bought a new car. Had a car trouble the next day. John (the manager) got me (jump) started & on my way without any fuss and even phoned me that night to make sure I'd gotten home OK. Haven't had service like that since I left my parents home 20 odd years ago haha. Anyway, I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wayne_Wratten
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this Motor Inn last month for one night. It was our second visit and, as we are likely to be visiting Toowoomba once or twice a year, we feel that we have found just what we want for a one or two night stay. The building is an older style but the place is spotless. The rooms are well equipped with all the types of things you expect from a top brand name hotel. The complimentary continental diy breakfast is really good with a daily paper included. The price is very competitive with other Toowoomba accommodation and it is handy to any part of the city you might need.

Room Tip: Ask fora quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business