“Overnight stay”

James Street Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Booked in for a Sunday night. Asked if they had a restaurant - yes I was told. Arrived to find that their restaurant was closed on Sunday nights. Referred to a pub up the road (as a woman travelling on my own he referred me to a rough pub). Didn't go but asked for a recommendation for a meal to be delivered. Gave me an Chinese restaurant which was ordered and delivered - sick overnight. Ordered breakfast - got it wrong. Very noisy room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bronwyn S
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travell to Toowoomba almost weekly for business. The only time I stay elsewhere is when they’re full, and that is happening more often than not these days. The word is out........ So book in. Clean, friendly with GREAT FOOD! Anyone who says anything to the contrary is either on heroin or had their tastebuds surgically removed..... and none of this nuevo cuisine either..... big meals, low price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gin Gin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed on evening of July 23. My wife and I were very happy with our room and the cleanliness.
Reception was very good and we were able to book in early as we had driven all morning and needed to freshen up before our appointment. We had dinner at the restruant and prices seemed competitive with most other places. My wife had Chicken Delight and I had 300 gm Rib eye. Both meals were great. I want to know how they cooked those chips, best I've ever had.

The only drawback was road noise from trucks in the distance but I don't know how you get away from this given most of the motels are on the Highways.

I would certianly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Ben Lomond, NSW, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

OVERALL: This was our second stay at JSMI and I was looking forward to it. On our first visit we had a large room and a great meal - provided by room service. Our second visit was disappointing.
THE ROOM: The room we stayed in was large, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was exceptionally so, with both of us commenting about it at different points. The bed was wonderfully comfortable so we lay back to watch television.
TELEVISION: While the room directory indicates that approximately nine channels are available digital reception has ensured that only about five are. The Austar/Foxtel channels are limited with the nights viewing restricted to extended info-mercials and cooking or fishing options (perhaps due to a particular night but still if you had kids they would be bored stupid).
INTERNET: Don't count on it. While the directory indicates that there is free internet (and not to download music or movies) I didn't have this problem. Despite trying the password a number of times no signal was available.
ROOM SERVICE: We ordered room service from the in-room menu. The meal was delivered to our room in good time but unlike our previous meal here, we were disappointed. My wife ordered a chicken dish with salad. It looked wonderful but the salad was served with no dressing and was consequently 'bland'. While I understand that some people may not like a particular dressing over another - an option (even in a plastic sachet) would have been nice. Similarly the desert was also a let-down. Apple crumble with custard and icecream in the menu but no custard with the desert when it arrived. As a consequence the desert was rather 'dry'.
OVERALL: Disappointing. While there were only two of us on this visit I am certain that our five children would have quickly had nothing to do if they had been with us. If you have a family this may not be the best option........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at James Street Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about your problems , if you stayed in the past 4/5 days we did have a problem with the internet a circuit board burnt out in the transponder mounted outside it took 2 days to get a new borad .i am sure most people have had I T problems before and understand this can happen at any time .We have wirless TELSTRA ADSL 2 , which has always provide us with fast and relaiable service .
We do have 10 Austar channels , one of which in Nicolodean , plus all the free to air digitial channels , how ever you do have to change the source on the Tv as free to air is digitial and Austar is still annalog .
I have passed on the comments of the meals to our chef and made the approtiate changes
(custard now in stock ).
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

large well equipped rooms, everything worked. Bar and restaurant very good. Great wine list and spirits. Food was excellent and the breakfasts gut busting. Definitely staying again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at James Street Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments .
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Good staff but food very bad! Ordered meals a number of times and was never good. Advise not staying here

• Stayed February 2012