“Not recommended”

James Street Motor Inn
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Very uncomfortable beds. Very noisy, close to Warrego Highway with trucks travelling through all night. Internet connection poor and slow. Restaurant average. Not everything advertised on the menu was available and wait time between courses was lengthy. Rooms were clean and large. Friendly reception staff.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Oztraveller5255
There are newer reviews for James Street Motor Inn

Reviewed August 8, 2010

I always follow trip advisor before I stay somewhere and this was rated a great place to stay. After a very long drive with children we stayed here for 1 night. Upon arriving at night we were nicely welcomed, given our breakfast for the next day and shown to our room. The room was spacious and well planned with a queen and two single beds. Everything seemed great until we put our daughter to bed. Never have I seen so much hair in a blanket. There must have been 20 black long hairs and food stuck in this blanket. I was appalled. I told my daughter not to touch above the sheet. But it doesn't stop there. My husband and I went to go to bed and just as we were going rest my husband noticed something on his pillow. I thought it was a daddy long legs spider but it wasn't - it was hair with scalp. All we wanted to do was sleep to refresh ourselves for our long trip the next day. Very disappointed. There didn't seem to have any heating in this room and it was quite cold. The noise of trucks going past woke us many times. It is very important to me that a room is clean and that the beds especially are. It is ashame what happened as the place looked great with a lovely looking Restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank jdhi
tkkc, Owner at James Street Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

I am supprised at the above review and the comments about the bedding is very disturbing , we have a very hight quality linnen supply and have now real awnser to the comment , except to say , fresh linnen is fitted to EVERY room after a gusets departs .
We are located in Toowoomba on a main road as are most motels , and we have some road noise in some rooms , as do most motels , but this affects some guest differently , depending where they come from , counrty people compared to city people are comletly different .

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I travel a lot and when ever I stay in Toowoomba the James Street Motor Inn is the only place I stay. All I can say great people, great rooms, great service and a great chef who can deliver and good quality meal. All I can say "spot on" James Street Motor Inn keep up the Excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Dont need to find a great place to stay while i am away, it nice to have a second home.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mjs23
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We found our stay here to be very enjoyable with friendly staff and very clean accomodation. Was great to be able to have dinner in the Restaurant on site and the meals were lovely. We will definately go back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilysrush
Reviewed March 26, 2010

James Street Motor Inn offers good old-fashioned friendly service where we were made to feel welcome. The rooms were surprisingly spacious and we were pleased to be able to eat in a nice restaurant without having to go out for dinner after a long day's drive.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wallace19
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the James Street Motor Inn. Very friendly staff and the rooms were very modern and spacious! Will definately recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple