“Best B&B in Toowoomba”
Review of B&B Wanulla

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toowoomba
B&B Wanulla
Ranked #1 of 18 Toowoomba B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Best B&B in Toowoomba”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Me and my partner travelled to Wanulla on the 29th of November, 2013, with the intention of spending 2 nights there, and loved it so much that we had to stay another. Margaret and Steve were the best hosts that you could ever want, and went above and beyond to help us make the most of our time in Toowoomba.Their breakfast and afternoon tea was delicious, and their home is absolutely gorgeous, and the fact that they are willing to open it up to anyone speaks volumes of how honest and caring this couple are. I would highly recommend Wanulla to anyone travelling to Toowoomba, regardless of how long you intend on staying, as it was, quite simply, excellent.

Room Tip: The second (Queen-sized) bedroom has a recently renovated bathroom, which includes a bath. All rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at B&B Wanulla for 3 nights over the Christmas period to visit family in the Toowoomba area. Margaret and Steve are exceptional hosts who made us feel so welcome during the festive season. The accommodation is beautifully appointed and the attention to detail in the guest suites and other spaces has to be seen to be believed. The breakfasts are of a very high standard as is the afternoon tea (we felt very spoilt indeed). Our generous hosts really did make our Christmas stay one to remember. We will always remember our time spent at Wanulla with fondness and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We returned to Wanulla B&B for a one night stay on Xmas Eve this year as a base for visiting family. It is an ideal location and an easy walk to Queens Park which suited perfectly for the Xmas lights display. Steve and Margaret are wonderful hosts and very flexible. We were offered an extensive afternoon tea on arrival mid afternoon which we could not finish. The room is very comfortable and well appointed and even has AC now. Once again breakfast time was flexible which suited as we visited family on Xmas morning and then returned to to a varied and delightful feast. They are wonderful hosts and nothing is a trouble for them. We will return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We needed a central B&B for one night in Toowoomba and chose B&B Wanulla because of the excellent trip advisor reviews - they were absolutely right. Wanulla is in a lovely quiet street within walking distance of the main street of Toowoomba and many of the restaurants. The beautiful old house is very tastefully renovated and the rooms are large and elegant. Margaret and Steve are lovely hosts and very helpfully gave us tips and recommendations on where to eat and visit. The full breakfast was delicious and we really appreciated the additional extras such as a glass of wine and canapés in the early evening and a decanter of port and chocolates when we returned from dinner. We would definitely stay here again and can absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 261SandraL
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am delighted to be able to write of the wonderful experience my husband and I shared with two of the most special prople, Steve and Margaret at Wanulla one year ago. As it was just open then, we were unable to do this earlier. Thanks so much for the very special attention to detail and I can see that, reading current reviews, other occupants have shared in this luxury. Toowoomba has gained a star in B/B accommodation since the opening of this treasure. Thanks Rhonda & Lester

Room Tip: indulge yourself and stay for more than one night
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A few weeks ago, my husband and I had the pleasure of spending our wedding night at Wanulla. We had visited the place a few months prior to this and were blown away by Margaret and Steve's enthusiasm and kindness.

We were really looking forward to our stay and it didn't disappoint, in fact it by far exceeded our expectations. Margaret and Steve could not do enough for us but also let us have our privacy.

The bedroom itself was beautiful with so many homey touches that were such a treat, as well as the lounge room which was all ours and the front verandah in the sun where we were served the most incredible breakfast in the world! The best start to our honeymoon!

We highly recommend Wanulla to anyone wanting a quiet, relaxing night away. x

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This weekend gone I had the pleasure of staying at Wanulla the night before my cousin's wedding, along with the bride herself and another bridesmaid. The bride and groom had booked to stay there the night of their wedding and the bride thought it would be a nice experience for us to have a girls night there the night prior. And we're sure glad she did!

Wanulla is such a beautiful place and we really did feel totally at home during our time there. I was completely blown away by the attention to detail and it was the little things like afternoon tea upon arrival, coming home after dinner on Friday night to a candlelit house with Margaret waiting to offer us a pot of tea and chocolates before bed, the fluffy robes, the AMAZING breakfast courtesy of Steve (which I haven’t stopped talking about since by the way!) and lunch for us as we were getting ready for the wedding that made the whole thing that much more relaxing and special.

Both Margaret and Steve went completely out of their way for us, nothing was too much trouble, and I think I can speak for us all when I say we left feeling very pampered, grateful and, well, spoilt rotten!

I'm sure the bride and groom will be leaving a separate review themselves of their wedding night at Wanulla (as I know they had even more special touches to their stay on their night, if that's even possible!), but I wanted to take the opportunity to say that it was a really great idea to have our small bridal party stay there the night before for a bit of girls time. The experience was far superior, more relaxing and special than if we had of just stayed at a hotel as we originally planned to.

My stay at Wanulla is not one I’m going to forget any time soon and I hope that I have the pleasure to go back again in the future (something tells me I'll have to get in line, once the word gets out about this amazing place!)

Thanks again to Steve & Margaret.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms available at Wanulla. Both are amazing in their own right, however the front room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends