“To Be Honest - Awful”

Dining options: Reservations
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
“To Be Honest - Awful”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The meal my husband and I had here was terrible. Both our meals were burnt and inedible. On complaining (I think it was the manager) tried fobbing us off with some story about residue on the pans they cooked in. Don't they wash them? Sounds like a health issue to me. He offerred a a free drink which we refused. We won't be going there again.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jan S

Toowoomba, Australia
“Always a fun night out”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Amigos is a semi-regular haunt particularly when looking for a plain fun night out. It isn't the place you want for a serious business dinner...find somewhere quieter & with more somber decor (e.g. more boring!!).

The menu is good value with big servings & hearty food...in particular I would recommend sticking to the Mexican fare which I've always found good & more authentic than most in Australia. That said I can't help but start off with the Rattlesnake Fries even though they are EVIL!!

Barry is a great host & the atmosphere for me is just fun & brings people out of their shells.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank deejayess
Bilambil, New South Wales, Australia
“Andalay!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well what can I say about Barry & his restaurant. As owner and host he's a great amigo. His staff were all v cheery and the food was excellent with great potion size. Would I go back - yes. Can I recommend it - absolutely! Suits all ie couples, families, boys/girls night out etc Maybe not first choice for a serious business dinner but that's about it!

Visited October 2013
“Best place in toowoomba”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We eat at amigos at least once a month. Sometimes with the kids other times just the two of us. Each time the service is great. The food is always great and the drinks and desert even better. Have even been to a adults comedy night which was fantastic. It's definitely the best place for a night out in toowoomba.

• Visited September 2013
Toowoomba
“Average, but cheap”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food is average but cheap, the atmosphere fun, the service good. Good for a feed if you've nowhere else!

Visited May 2013