“One of the worst waitress's ever” 2 of 5 bubbles

Amigo's Bar & Grill
Ranked #169 of 291 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Highfields, Australia
“One of the worst waitress's ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The venue looks dirty and there very little atmosphere, its a mix of idian wild west and marlyn monroe on the walls. Its in desprate need of a good clean a repaint and do something with those floors. We were up the back and it smelled musky. Music was so soft you couldnt hear it, when we inquired about this we got a lecture from the owner over music loyalities that he wasnt going to be paying and that people come here to eat not listen to music.. Its a bar as well mind you so yes 0 atmoshpere and too much information to go with your meal.
Bar staff were great but one waitress was just useless, you couldnt understand a thing she was saying as it was barely a whisper then she took away cuterly that we needed to use and food that was still being comsummed. I all can say is her ears must of been painted on as well.
Food was avgerage at best but the servings where huge. Tacos were a lttle to basic for our liking. No difference from buying a taco dinner kit from woolies taste wise.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank lildutchgirl

The Sticks
“Pretty average :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great setting - love all the stuff on the walls, and good atmosphere. Totally full on a Saturday night and we were lucky to get a table as we had not booked. Nice waiters. I ordered chicken enchiladas. They came warm not hot, and I struggled to find the chicken in them. Also came with a large very basic salad (lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot and cheese which must have been bought already grated). I'd have eaten it if it wasn't covered in a dressing which I really didn't like. Not especially happy with my meal. Also, my orange juice came in a plastic cup? My husband said his pork belly was quite good. Disappointed at our first meal out since moving to Toowoomba.

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
“Great service, cheap mojitos, tacos need some work.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Came here for a family night out.
Customer service was good, average wait time.
Had awesome BBQ ribs but the rest was a bit of a let down.
Tacos were very plain and tomato was still frozen nothing in salads tasted fresh or even close.
Drinks were really good and greatly priced.
Maybe different now but wasn't real good back then.

• Visited February 2012
Queensland, Australia
“Exactly what we like!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My partner and I really enjoyed our dining experience at Amigos. I would label the resturant mexican/western style cuisine. Perfect friendly and quick service, a great atomosphere, HUGE food servings and one of the best Margaritas i've ever had! Barry the owner, was very hospitiable and it was a refreshing change to see the owner front of house, happy and enjoying his night. We live outside of Toowoomba, but we will definately be back to taste more of the menu!!!

• Visited January 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I Have been to Amigos about 3 or 4 times over the years and i have had a different exp each time.My first time there the food was great and the service was good,then the second time was so different,cold and under cooked food,and the 3rd time the food was fine but i was sitting with some friends and did not get any knives or forks so i ask the waitress for some and she just pointed to another table and said " there over there" and i said "well could you get them" and she did but with a huff,so i do plan to go again but we will see if it will be a hit or miss

Visited August 2012