Vacy Hall Toowoomba's Grand Boutique Hotel
City Motor Inn Toowoomba(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$72
Comfort Inn Glenfield(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$93
$89
$107
$101
Priceline
Highlander Motor Inn(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$99
$92
Agoda.com
Country Comfort Toowoomba(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$93
$90
Hotels.com
Coachman Motel(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$67
Comfort Inn Grammar View(Toowoomba)(Great Value!)
$96
Orbitz.com
$116
$108
Agoda.com
All reviewsporridgestep back in timefour poster bedopen firecentral heatingold world charmhost grahambygone eraemperor suiteold househomemade marmaladeaustralian historyperiod furnituregreat attention to detailguest loungeguest housebeautiful house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my teenage daughter and her best friend. Not having been to Toowoomba before I found the location quite easily and found my way around town too. The location is good, very easy to find yet also very quiet as set back off the road in lovely gardens.
We had a huge room (room 2) which had a queen bed and single. Beautifully decorated and clean. I was glad to use the working fireplace and had no problems keeping it going. The cost to use the fire is 25.00 which at first I was a bit disappointed in but then I thought it was worth it as fair enough they have to do extra cleaning and you do go through a fair bit of firewood which is all supplied. I have been to lots of federation style accommodation and it is always a disappointment to get there and find the fireplace is decoration only. So really did love the cozy atmosphere it created in our beautiful room. The room has central heating and electric blankets too. We had a good poke around the home and gardens. Everything is done beautifully. We had a continental breakfast included which was very pleasant too..we ate in our room but had the option of eating on the verandah too which would be beautiful in warmer times. The beds, bed linen etc were great and I do love a place that provides feather pillows as use them at home ! The only thing I wasn't that keen on was the bathroom across the hall (locked for our own exclusive use)..it was a bit dark and hard to see/unlock at night/early morning so maybe a little torch in the room would be good. I would definitely stay here again in the same room as it was gorgeous.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which I believe was called a large twin suite. At the front of the house and just beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have had problems with noisy roadways close to accommodation when staying in Toowoomba, it was so pleasant to enjoy the peace and quiet of Vacy Hall. If you appreciate Australian architecture and antiques, this beautiful building is a step back in time. I was impressed by how well looked after both the garden and buildings are. The staff were most attentive and friendly, have a cooked breakfast, they are superb also very good food just a short walk away for dinner.
People were preparing for a wedding whilst I was there, couldn't think of a nicer setting.

Room Tip: Choose one of the fireplace rooms, it can be cold in the evening and the fire is so nice, note that there is a charge for lighting the fire, but its worth it. For special occasions choose the front rooms, gorgeous!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you love being a part of history and sleeping between it's walls, Vacy Hall is the right choice for you.

I stayed at Vacy Hall whilst on a business trip, after my Manager recommended it for it's old world charm..as she put it..'treat yourself and stay at Vacy Hall, it's well within your budget and you will love everything from breakfast on the back verandah to lighting your own fireplace in your room each chilly night'..

I was not let down, in fact it surpassed my expectations.

Each room maintains it's heritage and for a designing person, you certainly will adore each piece of history that is so lovingly placed around the property.

The staff were as charming as Vacy Hall itself and Graham, it's owner, is dedicated to its preservation and charm.

If you are looking for a peaceful retreat in Toowoomba, be it after a long days work or as a tourist to Toowoomba, I see no competition.

The only thing missing is croquet on the lawns at dusk.

I look forward to my next visit to Vacy Hall.

Room Tip: Ask for the shipping room if travelling alone, or one of the rooms on the front verandah for the ultimate in space and the heritage experience. Don't forget to read about Vacy Halls history in the book provided in your room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a lovely overnight stay at Vacy Hall. The owner welcomed me on arrival and I was given a guide of the house and facilites. The room was comfortable and cosy. I was unsure at first of the seperate bathroom across the hall, however it was fine and a luxurious robe was provided for the halllway dash. Its a small concession for the opportunity to stay at this unique and historic residence. The bathroom was spacious and immaculate. Breakfast served with silverware and on an antique trolley in my room was a real treat, the porridge is devine and the Continental breakfast good value. Small touches like having the ducted heating warm your room in the morning and fresh flowers on the side table are lovely touches. For good old fashion service and the chance to really feel what it would have been like to live in a grand old house, Vacy Hall is a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Delightful large room with fireplace and historical beds and furnishings. Our family get-to-gether was made very interesting with the array of 'old wares' in our room, bathroom,corridor and lounge room. We ordered cooked breakfast and my sister couldn't wait to try the famous porridge. The scrambled eggs with pine nuts was also very tasty, the French press coffee was too weak though we all thought.
Grahme gave us a wonderful welcome and helpful 'locals' tip about a very good masseuse. We discovered Firefly and a Turkish restaurant in town for our evening meals and the short drive home to Vacy Hall was very quick and easy. Room was quiet and kept comfortably warm with the ducted heating keeping the temperature up, but we did also enjoy a fire. There was an additional cost to light the fire and sadly our's did not burn well, but it did give a nice atmosphere for the short time it burned.

Room Tip: be aware the large family room bathroom and toilet is located down the corridor, it is for private use of the family room guests, but is a hike if you are elderly and have to get up a bit through the night. One of the other rooms with direct en-suite might be a better choice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family