“Beautiful. A place where tme stands still”

Vacy Hall Toowoomba's Grand Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Toowoomba B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at Vacy Hall bed and breakfast for business and a small get away for my husband and myself in June, 2011 of this year.

When we arrived we were not disappointed, a beautiful, statley home, surrounded by manicure english gardens greeted us..upon arriving we were promptly shown to our room and give a run down on the amenities etc, we found our host to be knowledgeable, helpful and chatty without been annoying. He was there if we had a question or information without being interfering, infact we felt we were the only people there..even though the place was full!

We stayed in the Emperor Suite, with a king size brass bed and canopy - views of old english gardens, out of lovley large bay window - and the best feature, one large, roaring fireplace, that crackled delightifully and gave a beautiful glow through out the room and we were toasty warm - even though there was central heating through out the room/house.

We chose to have breakfast brought into our room and promptly a trolly with silver service was brought into our room, piping hot delicious coffee, porridge (home made and delicioussssss recommended) hot toast ( large thick slices) with home made marmalade and jams ( generous serves) needless to say we were very full after breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it.

all in all - we would be back! central to town, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sylvia2006

Reviewed June 30, 2011

My wife, daughter and I decide to go to Toowoomba for a quick break but where to stay? A quick skim of the internet turned up Vacy Hall's website. It looks great on the website but you have to go there to appreciate the place. It really takes you back to a bygone era.

Graham, the owner, directed us to a great Italian restaurant for lunch that was within walking distance. After a great lunch we headed back to our rooms at which were clean, comfortable and decorated in a period style that you rarely experience in this day and age.

I thoroughly recommended it for those looking for something different and memorable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AdamAllan
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I recently stayed at Vacy Hall with my husband and found Vacy Hall to exceed our expectations. It is a divine old hotel with gorgeous rooms and a huge amount of character. The owner, Graham Higgins, did an outstanding job of making us feel welcome and recommended excellent restaurants nearby. In the evening, we curled up by the fireplace in our room...perfect! The rooms were immaculate, well equipped and the robes were much appreciated as were the electric blankets for a cold winter's night.

Room Tip: Book the divine large rooms at the front!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2011

From the moment I walked in, even though it was raining, the ambience of Vacy Hall was great. I stayed here for two nights while I attended a meeting. It didn't matter how cold it was outside I was always warm inside. Even though there were electric blankets on the bed, I didn't need it the amazingly light but warm blanket and the doona kept me warm. I had a room with a private bathroom across the hall. They even supply bathrobes for the trip across You have got to try the porridge for breakfast it is absolutely to die for.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I love Vacy Hall more than any other hotel I've stayed at. You just forget about the rest of the world and sit by the open fire place. You have to get their early to enjoy the place - it isn't just 'a place to sleep' but a place to truly relax. The grounds are beautiful and the service is superb. The staff even waited until they saw our light on before they gave us breakfast. It's both a romantic place to come to with a partner or a place to seek solace. The beds are slightly harder than I'm used to, but are so enormous and comfortable that sleep is sound.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I recently stayed at Vacy Hall for a weekend away. I was blown away by the terrific atmosphere, the great service and furnishings of this lovely heritage listed property.

Toowoomba doesn't really have great hotels to stay at, and most are motel style without any character. Vacy Hall was so lovely, old world and felt homely.

I will definitely be coming back here again soon with my partner.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MiaP83
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Absolutely superb, a unique experience. We stayed in the Gilbert Cory Suite which is just fantastic - King size four poster, original rolltop cast iron bath, swing chair on verandah, beautiful fireplace. The service is brilliant, we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts on both mornings served to our private table on our verandah. The porridge is amazing!!! Graham is attentive and made sure we knew everything about our room etc. We had arrived expecting to have to pay for breakfast extra, but that was included as well. Angelo's Italian was a great recommendation from graham.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple