“We took our ''Dose-of-Salts'' in a Misty Room !”
Review of Salt Caves

Salt Caves
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having been obliged come up to Toowoomba from Bris-Vegas to enjoy our dear friends 50th Anniversary at Weis's restaurant that very night. My wife & I came up that afternoon to try out the Salt Caves on James Street, Toowoomba. We had already experienced the amazing salt mines in Poland and saw how they made space for salt vapour therapy for visitors. Once we heard of this being in possible in Queensland we rang for an appointment. They run their sessions hourly and when we got there, the friendly lady felt she had to warn me that I'd be the only fellow in there. But I told her I'd be delighted to be the ''rooster-the-hen-house''. So once you slip on the shoe covers you are allowed to enter the ''Salt Cave'' with soft lighting, Himalayan rocks of salt lining the walls and beach-like salt grains on the floor to eight chairs that recline flat for pure relaxation. Then soft music acompanies the salty mist coming from the vents lining the ''cave''. Blankets are provided for those feeling the chill air. It certainly helped my sinuses and I even scored a Neddy Pot before leaving to do some home therapy. We still want to return for our free second visit. Perhaps coming to see the Flower Show next month would work. They already have a fascility in Mooloolaba. I wish they had a Salt Cave somewhere in Brisbane. It was a refreshing experience.

7  Thank DrFrank
There are newer reviews for Salt Caves

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Struggling to get rid of the last of a nagging cough, so went to the salt caves and relaxed for 45mins. Felt better almost immediately.
Would highly recommend it to everyone!

4  Thank lilibet10
Shaun T, Owner at Salt Caves, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hello lilibet10, Thank you for sharing your experience at Salt Caves Toowoomba. We're really pleased that you felt some quick changes in your cough. Hope we see you back again soon. Thanks again for posting and sharing.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We walked to the Salt Caves from our hotel (it was a bit of a distance, but, I take it as our exercise) - my clueless mother thought it would be an actual cave, and was surprised to see that it was in the small shopping centre. We got there early- and instead of waiting around, they let us take an earlier slot. We popped on the funny shoe covers and went in; there were rainbow lights in the roof, lights behind the walls, relaxing music and the sound and reflection of trickling water into a lit 'well'- the chairs were able to recline, almost horizontal. It was very relaxing and peaceful. there were three other people in there with me, but when I closed my eyes, I felt like the only person in the world.
Our second visit, the next day was complementry- and again, got in early- the rainbow lights weren't on this time, but they put the salt mister on- and again, we enjoyed the calm and tranquility.
When we came out, mom talked to the lady behind the desk (a different one to the day before, but just as polite and nice)- she said they were thinking about another facility at Marochydore- and possibly the idea of a mobile facility.
I loved having a truly relaxing time out- not distracted by anything or anyone - and would recommend it for the peace and quiet, as much as the potential health benefits.

4  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great experience and you feel ery relaxed afterwards. Shame the young lady on reception was not more friendly but everyone should try it!

2  Thank BarbaraH52
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am not sure that I am convinced this is beneficial but I went to the Salt Caves for the experience. Just wear your normal clothes but the temperature is cool, however, they do provide a blanket. They will give you shoe covers as the floor is covered with salt. You sit in a room on a simple but comfortable chair while fine salt is sprayed in the air. You can not feel the salt. We were offered a free second experience.

2  Thank Yvettesaf