“Adequate”
Review of Applegum Inn

Applegum Inn
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here recently for business in a standard queen room. The room was what you would expect for the price. Furnishings and bathroom were old and outdated, although clean. The bed was quite comfortable and the small flat screen tv worked well.
The room service I ordered for dinner from the hotel restaurant was delicious and delivered within a reasonable timeframe.
The pool area and gardens looked lovely and are well maintained.
As the title indicates, the Applegum was adequate for my needs and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wow! The gentleman who attended to our needs last night saved me! Our previously booked accommodation was not satisfactory. My husband was really grumpy as it looked like we were going to have to drive 300kms home! However we were able to stay here - beds so comfy and whole place totally spotless. Wonderful service - especially at 9 o'clock at night. Thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had always stayed next door at the Grammar View, but because of a disagreement with choice, and good service from the rewards at Best Western we thought we would try it.
As I said it is next door, it looks slightly smaller and older, however the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, I was having a medical procedure that morning, and they assured me the room would be ready early, and it was. Instead of the usual flat lounge, there was a very nice leather recliner, which allowed me to snooze off the drugs.
The room and the whole motel was incredibly clean. We did not dine at the restaurant but instead had dinner room service. The meal was excellently cooked, delivered fresh and on time. Breakfast likewise was room service and was excellent as well

Room Tip: All seem OK
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was booked into a hotel by my employer and at the last minute was changed to Applegum. My employer only puts us up in 3 and a half stars was I was a bit nervous. I shouldn't of been. I will now be asking to stay here each time. Clean tidy rooms, free wifi, comfy bed, good customer service and when I asked about the price it was quite reasonable. Good for single or couples or one child families.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We were just passing through and needed a safe quiet place to have a shower and sleep. Very quiet location, friendly staff on arrival. Nice clean room. Would absolutely recommend and would stay again no problems

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Located at the end of the tree-lined main street, Applegum Inn is a mid-market motel in a very leafy large regional town. On the day of our booking, there were several major events and the town was “fully booked”.
We were allocated a room at the back of the Inn, which was very quiet. It had been freshly painted and the room was clean and tidy, with an effective air-conditioner and modern flat screen TV. The receptionist helped us by retrieving and printing documents.
The tariff was reasonable, breakfast is available in-house at a reasonable price and the Inn met all our needs – easy check-in, clean, quiet room, warm shower and comfortable bed. It was not a 4 star establishment, but in terms of meeting our expectations it was a 4/5 experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had two nights in a deluxe queen room and couldn't have been more pleased. The kitchen was very well equipped and we loved the big walk in shower.
Bedroom was spacious, bed comfortable & with a small tv in the bedroom & a big flatscreen tv in the lounge, any spare time was well catered for.
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the motel was within walking distance of the beautiful Queens Park, and the city centre.
For us, best of all was they accepted Bartercard & didn't put the price up when we used it
Great stuff.