“Great location and good value for money”
Review of Park Motor Inn

Park Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Toowoomba B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed overnight with my grandson. We had already spent the night at another location. We were supposed to return home to Brisbane but loved Toowoomba so much we decided to stay another day. The accom we had stayed in was booked out, however, so we had to find another place to stay for the night. Driving past, we saw this Motor Inn and liked the location so thought we'd give it a try. It's right opposite Queens Park so lovely to walk across the road for my grandson to run and play (he's 8 years old). From there, it's walking distance down Margaret Street to the shops and movie theatre. In our room we had a queen bed and a single. Both very comfortable and clean. Nice hot shower. Aircon, tv, tea/coffee making equipment. If you're like me and like fresh milk in your tea then do remember to pick some up on the way as only the UHT type is provided. There is a restaurant which looked nice but we didn't use as we were eating out. We did have room service for a cooked breakfast. It was delivered on time, hot and I was happy with it as was my grandson. Overall, I think this Motor Inn is very good value for money and I would stay here again for sure. I think it's a great base for exploring Toowoomba and surrounds. The cost of our stay, including breakfast, was $127.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Genevieve M

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed for one night recently & whilst I tend to agree with MattTheRat's comments, the gentleman in question seemed to have mellowed out by the time we returned late afternoon of day 2 to collect our luggage which he'd kindly stored for us. He also allowed us a later check-out (11 am) at no extra cost.The room was a basic motel style, clean with a bar fridge and large LCD t.v. I found the toiletries dispensers (soap, shampoo etc.) to be excellent as there was no gluggy mess left around the basin/shower areas.The beds were comfy. The motel is in a quiet part of town with beautiful Queens Park on the doorstep as well as some groovy eateries. Unfortunately the Botanic Gardens were closed during our stay due to council erecting Xmas decorations. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tropicalshowers
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here a few days ago for 2 nights as my husband had work to do locally. We chose this hotel as I had stayed here previously because of its location opposite Queens Park which is linked to the Botanic gardens and is such a beautiful park to walk in and at this time of the year, one week after the carnival of flowers I was able to appreciate the unbelievably beautiful gardens without the crowds. This park is such a lovely park to walk in all year round. Hotel room is a bit tired but for what you pay is good value for money, clean, comfortable bed, nice linen, and all the amenities you require. We had to ask for more pillows which were immediately supplied as only two on the queen bed and only one spare and we both like two pillows. Even the soap and hand cream were nice! Restaurant I remember as being very good and we were not disappointed. Food and service very good and room service on a Sunday when it was closed was the same menu and excellent. An easy walk to town for shopping and a bus that stops outside which runs hourly. Everyone friendly and helpful in Toowoomba, including the bus drivers. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Saunders2607
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I often ask myself why people go into this business of hospitality, especially motels. Well, I asked myself this question again, as the one thing that stuck out for me on this one night stay, was how much nicer the people behind the desk could have been. Gentleman serving in the arvo, seemed impatient, and almost like I was annoying him by checking in. No smile, no conversation, just a look of slight annoyance and impatience, and short terse answers to my few questions? When I checked out, lady who served appeared to have the same mannerism? Surely a smile doesn't cost? Not a biggie, but the difference b/w a good stay and enthusiastic referals, or just another motel? I think so.

The Motel itself, absolutely fine, nothing "bad" nothing overly exciting. Good location, quiet, comfortable, not overly flashy, everything "worked", at the price ok, maybe $10 too expensive? Nothing to shout about either way

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in July 2011 (i booked on Wotif).
I was looking for a budget priced motel up to $120 a night. I had a standard room for $99. The room had opening windows which I didnt discover for a little whie after i moved in.
The weather while I was there was birtterly cold, and it took me a while to work out why the room was so cold. There is a reverse cycle air conditioning in the room, which i had trouble getting the to right setting, but after a call to reception I worked it out. The room was quite warm once I sorted these two issues out!
Interesting this is a motel not a B and B as shown on the listing.
I am a smoker so it is rare in this country that they have the option of a smoking room ,so I was well pleased.
The room is clean except for the fact that there were some ants in the kettle. I always empty the kettle water out and refill before boiling and I was suoprised to see all these ants come out of the kettle! Anyway I refilled and rinsed and it was fine.
There is a good supply of coffee and tea etc, and 3 packets of fresh biscuits which went down well with my coffee.
They have a flat screen TV and cable, although suprisingly there are no local channels, but as I like to watch sports it was ok by me.

The hot water in the shower fluctuated a little but I soon learnt if I turned the hot water down to a lower pressure then the mix was more consistent and ok. There is only wall mounted liquid soap containers which i detest, but i always travel with a fresh cake of soap.
There is an adequate room service menu and resturanant which i didnt utilise, but it looked clean and was reasonably busy so i guess it would be ok.

Overall I would say for the price it would be hard to beat, as i found most motels in Toowoomba to be vastly overpriced and overrated.
I have stayed at many different motels in Toowoomba over the years, but for value for money I would definately recommend this one if you are budget minded.
Would I stay there again...Definately!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank northshore51
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Nothing was really bad about this motel apart from the fact that for $108 per night we would have expected it to be a bit more upmarket. It gave us the impression that the owner/manager? is a bit reluctant to update the place

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple