“Ok, but”
Review of Park Motor Inn

Park Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Toowoomba B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I often ask myself why people go into this business of hospitality, especially motels. Well, I asked myself this question again, as the one thing that stuck out for me on this one night stay, was how much nicer the people behind the desk could have been. Gentleman serving in the arvo, seemed impatient, and almost like I was annoying him by checking in. No smile, no conversation, just a look of slight annoyance and impatience, and short terse answers to my few questions? When I checked out, lady who served appeared to have the same mannerism? Surely a smile doesn't cost? Not a biggie, but the difference b/w a good stay and enthusiastic referals, or just another motel? I think so.

The Motel itself, absolutely fine, nothing "bad" nothing overly exciting. Good location, quiet, comfortable, not overly flashy, everything "worked", at the price ok, maybe $10 too expensive? Nothing to shout about either way

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in July 2011 (i booked on Wotif).
I was looking for a budget priced motel up to $120 a night. I had a standard room for $99. The room had opening windows which I didnt discover for a little whie after i moved in.
The weather while I was there was birtterly cold, and it took me a while to work out why the room was so cold. There is a reverse cycle air conditioning in the room, which i had trouble getting the to right setting, but after a call to reception I worked it out. The room was quite warm once I sorted these two issues out!
Interesting this is a motel not a B and B as shown on the listing.
I am a smoker so it is rare in this country that they have the option of a smoking room ,so I was well pleased.
The room is clean except for the fact that there were some ants in the kettle. I always empty the kettle water out and refill before boiling and I was suoprised to see all these ants come out of the kettle! Anyway I refilled and rinsed and it was fine.
There is a good supply of coffee and tea etc, and 3 packets of fresh biscuits which went down well with my coffee.
They have a flat screen TV and cable, although suprisingly there are no local channels, but as I like to watch sports it was ok by me.

The hot water in the shower fluctuated a little but I soon learnt if I turned the hot water down to a lower pressure then the mix was more consistent and ok. There is only wall mounted liquid soap containers which i detest, but i always travel with a fresh cake of soap.
There is an adequate room service menu and resturanant which i didnt utilise, but it looked clean and was reasonably busy so i guess it would be ok.

Overall I would say for the price it would be hard to beat, as i found most motels in Toowoomba to be vastly overpriced and overrated.
I have stayed at many different motels in Toowoomba over the years, but for value for money I would definately recommend this one if you are budget minded.
Would I stay there again...Definately!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank northshore51
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Nothing was really bad about this motel apart from the fact that for $108 per night we would have expected it to be a bit more upmarket. It gave us the impression that the owner/manager? is a bit reluctant to update the place

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple