“Nice curries”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

4 of us went in late sat night after the reds v cheifs game I had the rogan josh and must say 1 of the better ive had ... to me it says it all when 1 of the 4 who doesn't like it said it was a great butter chicken he had ... service was a little but slack we had to ask twice for the rice but other than that everything was fine

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I don't think I have ever had such a rank curry in all my life. We had a beef rogan josh which was dry with a keema naan which had no filling whatsoever, a butter chicken that tasted of old over used cooking oil and a chicken tikka masala that was totally over spiced both served with a garlic naan bread which was burnt and shop bought popadoms that weren't even cooked. For this we were charged $70. I phoned to complain and was told that it had all been cooked the way that they usually cook the food so if that's the case and you don't want disgusting food don't eat from here!

3  Thank Dee B
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been coming to the Everst spice since it opened,i would say that most of the curries i'v ordered have been good but i ordered a Madras on Saturday night and the pieces of meat where that big i had to cut them with a knife,the meat should be smaller or adleast break off as i could tell that the meat was old and not tender.I think this place may be getting lazy but i hope i'm wrong.

4  Thank DAZ011
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've been here and to their other premises near Toowoomba East and would say have been disappointed on multiple visits. Firstly, their top selling butter chicken was below par as I received one small thigh with 80% of the bulk of the curry being a radioactive orange sauce. Another meal I had included mixed entrée platter and was served swimming in oil, with very tiny pieces. Also had a lamb rogan josh with the lamb tasting of very old mutton. Not worth the hype as there are better Indian restaurants in Toowoomba.

2  Thank Milky O
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The meal was enjoyable although a bit hot for my liking even after asking for mild. I loved the flavours and the atmosphere.