“As if the food could get any better.”

Sofra Turkish Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 328 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sofra Turkish Cuisine the place where angels gather ... we are FULLY LICENSED From the moment you step inside, Sofra Turkish Cuisine will embrace you with its warm spirit and Ottoman Charm. Situated in the very heart of Toowoomba located at 164 Margaret Street ...SOFRA TURKISH CUISINE provides the perfect setting for anyone looking to dine at one of the most romantic restaurants in the Darling Downs. Noted among the best restaurants in Toowoomba for a deliciously diverse menu selection, impressive wine list, and friendly helpful staff, magical atmosphere, colourful entertainment Sofra Turkish Cuisine has been the setting for countless romantic dinners, work functions , fundraisers and parties..
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Well yes it can and did. We had lunch on Sunday and we were amazed how much better fresher and tastier the food was, with the latest changes to the kitchen the whole dining experience was fantastic. Full credit to the Chefs for their great work. The serving staff were even more friendly if that was possible. My Kirades Guvec was great last time but on Sunday it was heavenly. RThe live music was perfect, beautiful guitar an drum, the volume was perfect for either listening or for conversation. Well done to Martelle and his partener. We will be back the next time you play, let us know. To Moya-Lia and Irfan congratulations for having such a great restaurant you should be very proud.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice in the last 4 weeks on two separate visits to Toowoomba and I will definitely visit there again as I know I will always get great quality food and outstanding service.

1  Thank travelmaniac07
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have eaten here several times & could never possibly raise a complaint. The service is always friendly & fast. The food is always delicious & plentiful. It is not the cheapest restaurant but considering how delicious, fresh, and plentiful the food is, it is well worth it. We will keep on coming back to Sofra time & time again.

1  Thank Divabiz
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Celebrating a 21st is always an important occasion and choosing the banquet at Sofra meant that each course was a sensational gift for the taste buds and the whole family.
A cosy vibe and super friendly staff, even the trainees are wonderful! We started with smoky, sweet, garlicky, and exotic dip platter, the fave of Alexander the Great himself and a couple of smart wines.
The second course stepped things up a notch with some perfect pide and a platter of delish treats. Thinking we'd have no room for more, the main platter with shush kebab and salads, pickled peppers and perfect pita sent us salivating once more.
And who said sweets could be too sweet. After fending off attacks for the various honey, pastry and pistachio creations direct from the Ottoman Empire, I conceded the juicy pieces of Turkish Delight to the birthday boy.
An amazing night.

1  Thank Aussieworldtourer
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Was back for the second year with colleagues exhibiting at Farm Fest and after 2 pretty ordinary dinners we checked this site to find somewhere better.
Now I do realise we haven't tried everywhere, and even that most of the reviews were from locals and they might have been biased, I have to say this place is outstanding.
Just a shopfront but very nicely decked out with staff dressed in harem pants etc., with other places in the street less than half full on a Wednesday night this place was PACKED. In fact we had to be seated outside on a cool night but moved in when a table became available.
Absolutely not meaning to even hint at an insult to the town (extremely attractive BTW) I'm not expecting a Turkish restaraunt here, and not one this good.
Menu extensive and exciting. Options galore. We 3 had a selection of 3 dishes to share as starters, 3 mains to share also of Turkish ravioli, delicious, mixed grill and lamb cutlets + some Turkish delight with coffee to finish.
Everything fresh and appetising, generous portions, nice presentation. Loved it all.
Judging by the reviews here the place doesn't need my help. However as an outsider, and one who has been lucky enough to dine in a few nice places around the world, Toowoomba has a real gem here. I wish it was in Sydney. I'd be there a lot.