“Nice motel”

Great Divide Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Toowoomba
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, easy check in.
Rooms are clean and well layed out. No microwave in my King spa suite though, as listed in its room details. Bed was very comfortable.
No room service saturday night but no big deal, there is a lot of choice for take away or delivery.
Breakfast are nice and arrive hot and spot on time.
Free wi-fi is excellent

Room Tip: Try out the king spa suites for a tiny bit extra, worth it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Amanda O, Manager at Great Divide Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments of our motel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be friendly and the King Spa Suite comfortable.

We are grateful to hear that you thought the breakfast was nice and were pleased to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Always consistent, Would (and have) recommended the Great Divide for people to stay at.
The rooms are always lovely and clean. Great beds and room facilities. Friendly service always and in room meals good too. Good location at the top of the range, close to good restaurants and shopping. Free wi-fi is very handy. Pays to book if possible, they are always pretty well booked.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are very happy you continue to return to the motel and are consistently pleased with the rooms, service and great location.

We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been staying with Amanda and Trent for both business and pleasure over the past 2 - 3 years on a regular basis. The reception is always warm and friendly, the rooms clean and tidy and I have not found anything lacking in any of the rooms, and I have stayed in most of them. The location is great at the top of the range and just a few minutes drive into town, a walk to St Vincent's Hospital if that's wherer you need to be is just a couple of minutes and its just a short drive to the panoramic sights of Toowoomba.
There are similar motels around, but value for money I don't think you would do better than here.

Room Tip: Herries St side a little quieter and rear units quietest of all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Great Divide Motor Inn. We are delighted to hear such positive feedback as we always try to make our guests stay with us an enjoyable experience.

Thank you for continuing to return to the motel and recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Lights blown, air conditioner didn't seem to work, vanity tap when turned on splashed water everywhere. Door mat turned up at a corner a massive risk. Shower recess small. No restaurant or room service, no breakfast, very poor customer service to a traveller wanting a meal chef off, not happy. Have stayed in 100% better for price. Office has sign open 7.30 am, didn't open until nearly 8.30am. Put us behind.

Room Tip: Check out before stay or go else where. Don't give bad review unless needed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ddaff
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been staying here since Aug this year on a week to week basis. I shall continue to do that until my project finishes in Toowoomba. we are currently looking at April next year. Would not stay anywhere else. Hospitality is great, rooms are clean and fantastic and surely a home away from home for me. 3 Thumbs up

Room Tip: First choice for comfort and service
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon P
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a work trip to Toowoomba. I have stayed in a number of motels in Toowoomba and now I think I've found the one I'll use for future trips. I had a spa suite which basically meant I had a big (king size?) bed which had nice, clean, comfortable bedding. The room itself was huge with a sofa and table as well as a 'dressing table' and plenty of room to store clothes. I like the room because it looks classy - not like many motels which look a little cheap and nasty. The finishing touches in the room made it feel modern, warm and a great place to relax after a day's work. The plasma TV and cable channels were good entertainment for the evening. The spa bath was great too - nice big bath and good amenities too. The bathrobes were a good touch. Again, it was a warm bathroom compared to some really cold and miserable motel bathrooms I've used before! For dinner, I ordered a take away and there are a number of options for that. I didn't have any problem with traffic noise. Looking forward to staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend a family wedding, the staff were friendly and welcoming during our whole stay. We had the family room of two bedrooms and small kitchen, they were spotlessly clean. Our room overlooked the main road, but the balcony was enclosed which kept the noise down. I would recommend this motel for travelers and those wanting a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family