“Good location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel
Sunshine Coast
“Good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location next to all shops. Downstairs is a nice restaurant although you get more for your money at the hotel restaurant a few doors down. There's also a TAB a couple of doors down with a tavern/pub. Lots of clothing shops and a yummy Gelato store nearby.
Rooms were clean and kitchen was accommodating. Overall a pretty good stay. My husband stayed for a week and he and his co-workers enjoyed it there. I joined him for 2 nights. No issues with staff, they were fine.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert6210, Manager at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thankyou for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed with Toowoomba Central Plaza for a business trip at the start of October and had an excellent time. Reception staff and management staff were very helpful and provided me with all the essential information I required. My room got serviced daily and I found the hotel to be very clean and in the centre of town, which was excellent for me, as I had to work just down the road.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Toowoomba.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert6210, Manager at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. Like many others they enjoy this complex,location and its facilities. We look forward to your return.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at Central Apartments as we were attending a wedding in Toowoomba. The hotel was nice, room was a good size and well equipped, the air con didn't work and it could have been cleaner but not bad – now for the BUT!

Check out is 10am. At 10:01, the house keeper banged on the door asking when we were checking out, I asked when check out was, she replied 10am and I then said that I didn’t think it was that time yet, she said it was and we needed to leave, I told her we were just packing and would bee out in a minute, she then tutted and left.

We then left the room at just before 10:15, getting scowled at by the housekeeper that knocked on our door and a male one further down the corridor.

When we got to reception to check out, I asked if it was standard procedure to bang on peoples door at check-out time. The lady got up and told me that yes it was, they have over 100 rooms to clean and they need them to be vacant at 10am?! I told her that I thought it was rude and that the way the housekeeper had spoken to us was rude also. She told me that it wasn’t rude and the housekeeper wasn’t rude. What happened to the customer is always right? All I wanted was, I am sorry you felt this was, we have a lot of rooms to clean. Her attitude and manner towards us was disgusting.

I worked in hotels for 10 years and for the last 7 years worked as a travel agent, so have travelled well and stayed in many hotels. I have never, ever, seen a hotel that thinks it is acceptable to bang on someone’s doors before they are even late to check out and then for a receptionist to argue with a guest and tell them they are wrong.

I have stayed at the Burke and Wills, The Platinum Motel and the Comfort Inn Grammer and would strongly suggest that you try there instead. At least there, the staff are nice and you are not going to get a mouth full from them.

I don’t write complaints on here very often as I feel that everyone deserves a chance, but this place is a joke and seems to be run by idiots.

Room Tip: Stay next door
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kerriebatch
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that we could not give you an extra early check-in or a very extended late check out. I am also sorry to see that personal opinions had to be used to try and validate your claims. I also see that you have stayed at many other properties in Toowoomba and that expectations could be the issue here. I always have the motto of the customer is always right in the first instance but there is a way a perceived issue should be handled. I wish you all the best for the future, especially your travels and may they be a relaxing time for you.

Travelers are raving about these Toowoomba hotels

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed for one night and had two rooms. One for grandparents and one for a family with 2 children. The reception staff were professional and prompt. There is undercover secure parking. The lifts are very slow and wobbly. We were on the 6th floor. The room was clean and spacious. There is a kitchen and laundry area which we didn't use. We had a balcony. The cost of the room was a bit high although we were there during the carnival of flowers and were lucky to get one of the last rooms available, everywhere was booked out. Checking out was fast. The only negative was the noise from the pub underneath with their guests making a lot of noise in the early hours of the morning. There is a restaurant in the pub which serves breakfast. This was nice.

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the back of the hotel would be a bit quieter. They also have interconnecting rooms w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

for the money they charge this place is sadly poor value.
A/C hardly worked and there was no separate split system for the bedroom, the lounge system could hardly cool the lounge area. so bedroom was very hot. In spring!
The carpets were in desperate need of a clean, so much so that our feet were black from walking around bare foot!! quite disgusting when you want to shower after walking on the carpet.
Cannot adjust shower head and it points in your face, not down.
Pod coffee machine didn't work well.
Toilet brush was terrible dirty and gross. Hand soap dispenser didn't work. Room also had a terrible smell from the air conditioner.
only good point was central location and the bed was reasonable. very disappointed overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JandKadventures
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Average rooms, average price and terrible showers (can't adjust the shower head and water went everywhere. But the location was excellent and it is the best hotel in the CBD. The rooms were large with plenty of space. They were clean and had everything we needed. Will stay there again but would love it if it wasn't so pricey.

• Stayed September 2013
Surrey, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

For $180 a night for a studio apartment for one person I had pretty high hopes but was sadly disappointed.

The bad points - a shared balcony (yes - I had to share a balcony with the room next door to me! Quite a shock when you're out there in your PJ's in the morning!), shampoo and conditioner containers empty (supposedly you can ask them to fill them but it's a bit late when you're already wet in the shower!), whole room stunk of curry (thing it was coming through the air vents from another room), awful staff checking you in - never even said welcome when I arrived or asked me how my stay was when I left, duvet had no cover and was stained yellow - had to take it off and sleep with a sheet only.

The good points - location and secure undercover parking.

In summary - I would rather sleep on a park bench than waste my $180 here. Stay elsewhere - there has got to better places in Toowoomba surely!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business