“Dishonesty”

Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I booked in May for the flower festival in September. I rang several places until being PROMISED that my 83 year old mother would be able to watch the parade from a sheltered balcony at this establishment. Well, that was a complete lie, the street could NOT be seen from the balcony. The room (that I paid three times as much for so I could HAVE this 'view'), was dirty, dusty and had food on tables and floors. When I went down to complain another patron was complaining of UNCHANGED linen on her beds and faeces in her toilet. I would NOT recommend this place to ANYONE.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lexie C
There are newer reviews for Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartment Hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at this place on business and enjoyed walking to pubs / restaurants in the evening.

Apartments were clean and well serviced. Bed was fine, although the rooms were a little warm.

Location is fantastic and car parking was free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not many serviced places in Toowoomba, but the Central apartments are clean, comfortable and work well in a pinch. Centrally located, close to shops, businesses, pubs, etc.

Customer service on front desk is very friendly and pleasurable.

Car parking can be tight, and need to know to go around the back to park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Spent the weekend toowoomba with friends for the flower carnival. We had 3 apartments on the eighth floor - all of which were were nicely furnished, had comfy beds, plenty of wine/champagne glasses etc. The staff were v busy because of the carnival but were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. We chose the apartments because of their central location and this worked v well for us. Only downside was the v slow/small lifts - there was a wait for lifts on arrival and departure - but apparently they are going to be replaced with faster versions! would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 2 years ago in studio apartment, small, but quiet. Next stay was in a 3 bedroom penthouse, that was good but kitchen had very limited pots, pans etc and let's not talk about the microwave that is not actually in the kitchen but on an adjoining wall that small children can play with...very dangerous. Windows could do with a clean and maybe try and get the spider webs too....I did! Outside table and chairs were dirty too. We then stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment, could not sleep, as every time people in the above apartment moved the outdoor chairs the sound travelled into both bedrooms, sleep did happen at 2am.....NOT HAPPY JAN.

I would stay again, but I would be very selective as too which room I chose especially on the weekend when there is noise from the pub. As for the upside the location is great, the staff were accommodating even so much as to allow us an additional undercover park which was great. Give it a try and see what you think.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Central Plaza for a few weeks whilst looking for permanent accommodation, and found the rooms very spacious, and well presented. After experiencing loud noise from a nearby pub, on the Northern side of the building, we asked to be moved to another room on the Eastern side. This was quickly organised, and the room (on the pool side) was much better.
We enjoyed the pool and spa bath and the fact that the hotel is centrally located.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South and East are quieter. Avoid the North side, particularly on Friday nights!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here the night before and the nigg of my wedding. Firstly, I booked the room 2 months in advance and we were shown all rooms available to us. After choosing a perfect room for my husband to be for our wedding night, we were assured that the room would not be changed and that we would get that room.

Upon check in we were giving our room key and I asked why we weren't in the original room I picked to which I was told "sorry, the manager changed it 2 weeks ago for someone who wanted it long term". A phone call would have been nice. And did I mention that 12 rooms were booked that night from other guests staying as I 'recommended' the hotel to all my guests.

The service was terrible. I was told if I wanted the room cleaned for my wedding might I would have to pay extra to have the cleaning staff stay on overtime.

We were not offered anything in compensation at all. I was given a piece of paper with the managers details on it, and when I asked for the manager to call me since I was going on my honeymoon and I was the irritated customer, I am still waiting for a phone call...

The only good thing was the rooms were clean.

Overall, I cannot believe we paid $840 for 2 nights for absolutely awful experience.

I will not be recommending...

• Stayed: August 2012