“Fun Night!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2012

What a fun place to eat? Great service with a smile and a joke. Fantastic choice of authentic Chinese food at a reasonable price. Recommend.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I eat at the Red Lantern at least twice a week. I always take family when they are in town. Have never heard a bad remark about the food or the service. The waitresses are very friendly, especially the pretty one with the hair covering her eye. The manager tries to be friendly but needs a little more practice. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it an 11

2  Thank DanthemanJD
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Might be the best chinese in but my meal was far from impressive. Expensive too! Can't wait to get back to brisbane so I can have some real asian that is reasonably priced, like Sings!

2  Thank bjj198001
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I am a local of Mount Isa, and think the food is just fabulous! Sure, the service may be a little slow at time, but I happen to know for a fact that they get staff, and they all leave a few weeks/months later for the mines or better paying jobs. I highly reccommend the Combination Omlette, with chinese gravy. Just brilliant. And they do home delivery too, for free with orders over $50. Always arrives quickly.

2  Thank YesItsMeVee
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had dinner here one night on our trip to Mount Isa. Food was good without being great, the menu was large with lots to choose from, we had three different dishes, chicken, prawns and beef and all the vegetables tasted nice and fresh but they all tasted similar, we asked for some soy sauce with fresh chillies and this helped a bit. The decor is very tired and the owners children were running all over the eating area, in and out of tables where people are trying to have a nice meal.
We probably wouldn't go back again.