“Will come back, great room and service!”

Ibis Styles Mt Isa Verona
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mount Isa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is an older hotel right in the heart of "downtown" Mt. Isa. Nothing fancy, but the property is being reasonably maintained. I'd consider it a decent 3 star hotel. I think the hotel tends to get mediocre to poor reviews because, objectively, the prices are high compared to comparable hotels elsewhere. In other words, the place is fine, but the value is poor.

The best thing about the hotel is probably the restaurant. If you are a Accor Advantage Plus member, you get a 50% discount (with 2 persons). That makes the restaurant a good deal, as the food is above average for Australia and prices are not out-of-line.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
VeronaGeneralManager, Manager at Ibis Styles Mt Isa Verona, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the Ibis Styles Mt Isa. It is great to here that you enjoyed your time in our restaurant and took full advantage of the benefits of your Advantage Plus card. We look forward to seeing you again.

Golden Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We booked a month ahead to stay for 4 nights while visiting Mt Isa. On arrival the room we were given was not the configeration we had booked, and had confirmed. (Lucky we weren't a party of three). Discussion with counter staff and later the manager was simply argumentative buck passing; not good business practice. The next day we were moved into a room we had booked, which the day before was "definitely not available".

The first room was lacking somewhat in minor maintenance, with carpet frayed in 2 areas and a bedside light which didn't work - pretty negligent I thought, even for Mt Isa standards. The second room was better.

Continental breakfasts were pretty sparse.

Next visit, I think I'll pay the extra for a better hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on what you want.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Biggles210
VeronaGeneralManager, General Manager at Ibis Styles Mt Isa Verona, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Ibis Styles Mount Isa. Could you contact me directly at h0575-gm@accor.com so I can investigate your concerns further.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Isa hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 13, 2013

In a way it’s sad that this review will end up so negative. The room is nice and spacious, and the hotel has a good location.

BUT with a management and staff as the one I met, “everything” that could go wrong, did go wrong from the minute I arrived, to the minute I left. So the overall impression is so bad.

When I checked in, I asked for at quirt room: I got a room just outside a huge noisy A/C installation running 24/7.

The next room I got the key for, was not ready from the previous guests.

The next room I got, the front desk gave me a wrong key to the room.

The box with tissues was empty. I asked for at new box, but I didn’t got one.

The toilet has not been cleaned from the previously guests at all. Urine and feces all over the toilet.

I needed some paper to write on. All I could find, was ONE 10 x 15 cm piece of paper. I asked for some more sheets. The front desk admitted, that this was a mistake. Each room was only allowed 5 pieces of paper per stay. They never bring me more paper.

I wanted to wash some cloth in the hotels laundry. The machine didn’t work. The front desk replied, that she knows, but forgot to put a note on the machine.

In the minibar 2 beers was missing. The front desk replied, that she knows, but the 2 beers was too old, and she forgot to replace these 2 beers or put a note on the minibar.

When I checked out, the front desk gave me an invoice, which was printed on the back of another guests invoice. So now I have interesting written information’s about ms S.G. stay at the hotel.

All this does not make a comfortable stay at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jorn
Thank you for your feedback. I have looked at all the issues you raised in your review and are confident we have addressed all the areas of concern you mentioned. Thank you for bringing them all to my attention.