“Best place to eat in Mount Isa”

RedEarth Thai Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Mount Isa
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prepare to be surprised by our Thai Restaurant & Takeaway located on the ground floor of the RedEarth Hotel. Opened in December 2016 our talented Thai chefs have transformed what was previously known as RedEarth Fine Dining Restaurant into an authentic and enticing culinary journey, dishing up the best Thai cuisine within Queensland's North West. Join us for dining at the restaurant or choose takeaway and sample these mouth watering dishes today. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5pm-9pm for Takeaway and 6pm-9pm for dine in.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Have dined here a few times now in the last six months and it has been consistently excellent.

It's "upper class" for Mount Isa and the kind of place where you expect big prices, big plates but little servings. Thankfully this is not the case, the servings are huge and are worth the $15-$20 you pay for entree, $25-$40 for mains and $15-$20 for desserts. 2 courses are more than enough.

Steaks are cooked to perfection, seafood is impressive and I'm told the curry is the best in Mount Isa. There is also a good range of vegetarian items. I highly recommend the eggplant and sanganaki stack and the prawn entree.

The wine list is also good. Not huge but ample.

The only down side is that its not a big place so it gets booked out pretty quickly so make sure you book for Fridays and Saturdays a week in advance. Having said that its not cramped either, so you don't need to worry about sitting on your neighbour's lap.

Service is always good and the staff good.

Whether you're a local or just passing through, it's a place not to be missed.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Super service, large sized meals as would be the case in the outback, pleasant service staff, good wine list

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a very peasant dinner here. The food was good, service was very good and the general ambience of the restaurant such that we forgot we were in the middle of a hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It feels good when you walk in the door, like a nice comfortable restaurant. Service is smart - good kids, keen to please. I did not test beyond that - no need!
The menu was adequate, with enough choices for most. The wine list was ok also, and I am a bit choosey!
Price was good, a lot less than further south - a good fit with the local family scene I would guess.
Preparation and presentation was good - obviously the kitchen guys were on it!
Certainly - I will be back again!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

At the end of the entrance foyer on the right of the bar is a 12mx12m room which serves as Red Earth restaurant. Not much to look at and given the sports bar in close proximity, I had my reservations of the place but the food turned out the be fantastic. Presentation was excellent and quality was really up there. Was surprised that my Moreton bay bug was fresh too. This sat atop one of the best steaks I've ever had (expensive at $55 but worth it I think!).

All in service left a bit to be desired but you're in country town Australia and not a big city so I would not have expected the Earth, even the Red Earth! Slow service certainly didn't spoil our dinner with friends this night.

A great restaurant in a very interesting city. Comes recommended from me! Check out the pictures on foodspotting for more info...