“Ambience plus....”

RedEarth Thai Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Mount Isa
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prepare to be surprised by our Thai Restaurant & Takeaway located on the ground floor of the RedEarth Hotel. Opened in December 2016 our talented Thai chefs have transformed what was previously known as RedEarth Fine Dining Restaurant into an authentic and enticing culinary journey, dishing up the best Thai cuisine within Queensland's North West. Join us for dining at the restaurant or choose takeaway and sample these mouth watering dishes today. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5pm-9pm for Takeaway and 6pm-9pm for dine in.
Brisbane
“Ambience plus....”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

It feels good when you walk in the door, like a nice comfortable restaurant. Service is smart - good kids, keen to please. I did not test beyond that - no need!
The menu was adequate, with enough choices for most. The wine list was ok also, and I am a bit choosey!
Price was good, a lot less than further south - a good fit with the local family scene I would guess.
Preparation and presentation was good - obviously the kitchen guys were on it!
Certainly - I will be back again!

Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Nice find and great presentation”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

At the end of the entrance foyer on the right of the bar is a 12mx12m room which serves as Red Earth restaurant. Not much to look at and given the sports bar in close proximity, I had my reservations of the place but the food turned out the be fantastic. Presentation was excellent and quality was really up there. Was surprised that my Moreton bay bug was fresh too. This sat atop one of the best steaks I've ever had (expensive at $55 but worth it I think!).

All in service left a bit to be desired but you're in country town Australia and not a big city so I would not have expected the Earth, even the Red Earth! Slow service certainly didn't spoil our dinner with friends this night.

A great restaurant in a very interesting city. Comes recommended from me! Check out the pictures on foodspotting for more info...

• Visited January 2013
Mount Isa, Australia
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This restaurant is tucked away, you feel as though you could be eating anywhere in the world. The service was fantastic and our food was exceptional.

Visited May 2012
northern ireland
“Great”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spent a lovely evening here for a birthday celebration. Great service lovely food and really nice atmosphere. Made a real effort for my daughter who was having her birthday while on holiday. Hope we visit again!

• Visited August 2012
Mount Isa, Australia
“Ho Hum”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Predictable and unchanged menu. Lacks spark and that little bit extra. the new cocktail bar is quite nice but the glasses have gone down market and so has the atmosphere. I used to feel a little special going here but it is becoming ho hum. Very disappointing.

Visited October 2012