Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina
$120
$99
  • Pool
Paradise Lodge Motel(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$55
$48
Ibis Mackay(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$80
$71
ibis
Coral Cay Resort(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
  • Pool
Mackay Resort Motel(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$74
International Lodge Motel(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$68
$64
Agoda.com
$90
$88
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseafood buffetspa suiteplace to stayprawnslovely roomtown centrefantastic staychecking outmini barnight staystaff were friendlycomfortable staywashing machine and dryerlatitudebreakwaterzoeymarquee
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Clarion. I'd recommend staying up on the top levels (level 6), as I did, where you get great views over the marina. I found the service to be great. Forgot toothpaste, phoned in to reception, and they were happy to deliver up a small courtesy tooth brush and kit. It's a combination of smaller things like that that make you appreciate good service. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the only hotel at the harbour, and I am willing to believe that it may have once rated 4.5 stars .. However I don't think this rating should hold today. I found my room small, and I could hear the people above me walk around. I wanted to wake up on Saturday morning to order eggs Benedict with a plunger of coffee in bed, only to discover I need to order room service the night before and I could only choose from cereal and toasts, and the coffee was a take away cup.
On a plus, the staff were helpful, and there were restaurants on the harbour to walk to for an evenings meal or lunch. I did enjoy sitting out by they boats for breakfast, but needed to ask for a stronger coffee (the one offered for breakfast in a flask was weak) I was then charged and additional $4:50 for a stronger coffee I a paper cup.

I found the remote in the room to be sticky and the welcome folder had old food on the pages. The air conditioner had a sign on it that said I could not cool lower than 23 as the system would leak or stop.

Overall this was a disappointing place to stay, and expensive for what it offered.

My room was on the 6th floor.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank leza w
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and suited us for my family of 4 (2 young kids). The kids slept on a fold out couch and we had a sep bedroom. The only problem with the room was the 6:00am Sunday wake up call from the truck collecting the garbage skip. Surely that could be managed at a more suitable time! It woke all of us up and we were on the 5th floor.
The real disappointment came from the restaurant. Only 1 seafood dish on the menu from a marina hotel and it wasn't even a local reef fish??? Just tasteless Tuna and the whole menu was very expensive. We were served our adult mains while the kids had to wait an extea 15 mins for their meals. I expected better!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shaun G
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Clarion Mackay is a descent hotel when compared with other options in the area, but when all is said and done, it left something to be desired. As other users have pointed out, the carpet in my room was dirty with multiple stains. We ate at the restaurant on one occassion, but found the menu to be overly priced for the quality of food. The food was good, but not great. Let it be said that it is convenient if nothing else.

On the other hand, the hotel is right on the marina with a nice breeze blowing off the water. There was a band playing just a few minutes walk down from the hotel on the water front and many people out street dancing. Some of the restaurants just down from the hotel were also very good. The steak house was good, and the fish and chips was also a hit with our group.

When compared with your other options in Mackay, the Clarion is one of the nicest there is, although in a larger city with more competition, I think they would have a hard time filling rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brendanlk
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We didn't prebook as we were unsure if we would make it as far as Mackay. Walkin booking and Mick on reception was fantastic. Told him I had looked online and the reason I didn't prebook and he matched the price for me. We had a spa suite overlooking the Marina and I would have no trouble booking again. The only down side was the VERY overpriced restaurant. The menu offered what look to be a great evening and after my husband first choice of entree was unavaiable he ended up with a good dish. Our mains however were pub standard at best and for a $48.00 medium rare steak to come out well done is just not on. This is the first time my husband has ever sent a meal back. The staff were good and we recieved a 50% discount on the steak,but I wouldn't go back to the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple