“Food's good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place has been a regular haunt of mine for the past 12 months; I like the handy location at Canelands, and the openness with plenty of space looking across the road to the river.

The food has always been good here, from simple coffees, which you can get in the "bowl" size, to cakes and slices and light meals. On this occasion I had the calamari, and my friend had eggs. Both of the meals were reasonably priced for the serving size, well cooked (my calamari was perfect) and were very tasty. And pots of green tea which were also generous in size.

But this time the service was lacking. It took a while to acknowledge us at our table; usually you're greeted immediately, and then there was also a delay in taking the order. It wasn't particularly busy so it was puzzling why the service was so slow. The meals came quickly enough, but then we never saw the waitress again. No cracked pepper offered, no follow up to to check that everything as OK.

Maybe just an off day, give them the benefit of the doubt, usually OK.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stella Rossa is in a great location for coffee with friends. The coffee is fantastic and I love the "bowls"! Certainly satisfies my caffiene addiction. The food is ok.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The breakfast food (Rossa Stack) was great and I really enjoyed that. However, the lukewarm coffee was served a few minutes AFTER the food was served which is a pet peeve of mine. The service was lacking in that I was not offered cracked pepper although other diners were... so I requested it from a passing waiter. Then my second cup of lukewarm coffee was served without a teaspoon so I had to request one from a passing waitress. Nobody checked if my meal was ok and there was a general lack of attention to detail. It's a shame when front of house staff lets down the kitchen.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My partner and I have eaten here a number of times and consistently received excellent food, service and most of all – amazing coffee. Will return.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading a fantastic article in Core Life Magazine about the owner of this establishment, it was top of mind when I headed to the river front for a relaxing evening meal.

Myself and my husband were greeted immediately with a smile and chose a seat outside, a lovely al fresco location.

We chose a delicious wine from the extensive drinks menu...even if you are only looking for pre-dinner drinks, I can't recommend this establishment highly enough. The selection and quality is fantastic.

Our wine arrived within minutes and our nibbles to accompany followed very soon after. We were blown away by the efficient service.

Chic stylish surrounds in a great location teamed with professional and efficient service - we will most definitely dine here again.