“12 May 2014”
Review of Alara Motor Inn

Alara Motor Inn
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Mackay
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice room, my wife was unhappy with the bed and we were given a different room with no hesitation. The hotel is right under the flight path for Mackay airport so is a bit noisy at times but we did not loose any sleep from it.
Was not happy with my meal in the restaurant. Small portions and over cooked. I was offered a free desert but declined.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David J
There are newer reviews for Alara Motor Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2014

On the Bruce Highway on the south of Macay. on the Motel strip. It looks inviting as you approach. Warm and friendly check in. Our room was quite large and well fitted and spotless as was the bathroom.The rooms are in a courtyard setting and do not get any highway noise, its is however on the flight path to the Airport which did bring a little disturbance. but not to the point of being a problem. The free Wifi was good. The pool was excellent with pool towels available. The restaurant was closed but we were offered an option at a sister motel just up the road which we did not take but it looked ok.Plenty of food outlets around in the area, Ideal overnight stop.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AlaraManager, Manager at Alara Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. Hope you had a wonderful time in Mackay and the rest of you travels.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The motel had just been reopened after being closed for two weeks at Christmas. Room was a bit hot and the air con lacked the cooling capacity to bring the temp down. Ended up sleeping on top of the bed, which was comfy enough.

This is an older motel that has been generally well looked after.

It should also be noted that the motel is under the flight path for the Mackay airport.

Staff were friendly and happy to help.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Cruiser144
AlaraManager, Manager at Alara Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I would first like to apologies that the air-conditioner was not working properly. Thank you for informing us of the problem. We have since scheduled to have all our air-conditioners serviced this week.

The property was built over 30 years ago however the rooms were all refurbished in 2010. We have subsequently also replaced the old box TVs with 36" plasmas and most of the beds.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that your next stay with us is even better then the previous.

Kind Regards
Management.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I were on a road trip, starting from Airlie Beach, we headed through proserpine and wanted to stay in Mackay. I used bookings.com to find accommodation, and this place was one of the nicest and still reasonably priced places to stay. I booked online and arrived within an hour. We were greeted my a lovely lady, I feel bad for not remembering her name, but we spoke about Adelaide as mum and I are originally from there. She was lovely, polite and helped us out with what was around Mackay, friendly staff, excellent service, will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013
AlaraManager, Manager at Alara Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Good Afternoon,

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your road trip. This review is delighting to read, even more so as I was away on holidays when you stayed with us. Thank you for your lovely review and I will make sure it is seen by (Nicky) the receptionist on duty on your arrival.

Thank you again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I overnighted here for work and arrived on the last flight into Mackay at about 10pm. Earlier that day, a courtesy call ensured my booking was still required, arrangements were made for dinner to be in my room when I arrived and my breakfast order was also taken. Provision was made for me to warm up my dinner in my room and all of this combined is a level of service I've not experienced at any other motel anywhere in Australia. The good was also of fantastic quality and really great. Rooms were clean and modern with huge bathroom. An outstanding choice in Mackay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your post on trip advisor and appreciated of our services. Here at the Alara Motor Inn we do try to make your time away from home, as homely as possible. We hope we can be of service for your next trip to Mackay.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived on an early flight and were able to gain early access to our room, despite saying we would be happy to just drop off our bags and be on our way for a while. We stayed in a spa room which was large, well appointed and very, very comfortable. I read a book by the pool which is in a lovely, private courtyard with comfy chairs, tables and sun lounges. We ate in the restaurant and had great steaks. Service was with the biggest smiles ever and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Would highly recommend staying here while in Mackay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allofus66

Thank you for such an execellent review we are pleased you enjoyed your time at the Alara Motor Inn. We hope we can welcome you again one day soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Mackay is a mining hub in Queensland, and as such has a very competitive (and relatively pricy) Hotel/Motel market. I have nothing but praise for the Alara. Although set up as a motel, the facility definitely has a hotel feel to it.

Great service with being able to order room service whilst I was driving down, so was hot and fresh for my arrival. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable. Just bare in mind that prices are a little higher, however in my opinion it is worth it. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
AlaraManager, Manager at Alara Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Good Evening,

Thank you for your post on trip advisor, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal and that you didn't arrive too late. Thank you for such an execellent review we are pleased you enjoyed your time at the Alara Motor Inn

We look forward to see you again.