“What a let down.”
Review of Sizzler - CLOSED

Sizzler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Was initially really excited to see Sizzler open in Mackay. I've been for breakfast and lunch. It is expensive, the wait staff seem short staffed and the food was bland. The cheesy bread is not worth eating. We ordered off the expensive ala carte menu. Wouldn't bother doing that again. Sad looking salads in the all you can eat bar.
The desserts were okay, but for the actual cost of the meal, not worth it.

1  Thank Shebby M

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Over many years, I have seen the menu at Sizzler change and evolve to serve the most customers. Sometimes this is a bad thing, but in the case of my local Sizzler in Mackay, the changes to the salad bar have given me a new appreciation for a simple salad, adding something like bacon or cheese to something that has been prepared can give the new a twist into becoming something more.

The only drawback is the high price for the salad bar and drinks option. To feed a family of four can become an expensive dining experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great value for money restaurant situated at the back of Caneland Shopping Centre on the river side. Spacious interior, high quality food and good service make this a must to visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited Mackay recently with my daughter and grandaughter and was pleased to find a Sizzler restaurant at the Canelands Shopping Centre....food was good and service very good....took a local friend who had never been there before but stated she 'would be back'.....I am a 60+ person and find their senior discount to be very worthwhile....if you have not asked please do....you will be pleasantly surprised by the discount.....they will even give you their own 'senior card'......

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A rainy night in Sizzler with sizzle bread-yum!!! A little more expensive than I remember when we had Sizzler in Melbourne but I still enjoyed since my girls were with me!! Our meals were forgotten & the staff were soooo nice about it with an extra serve of sizzle bread as a sorry & also an offer of a glass of wine (which we declined)-my steak was a bit dry but the salads were yummy as was the hot big spud....my 10 yr old enjoyed her 2 helpings of icecream too.