“All good-we enjoyed!!”
Review of Sizzler - CLOSED

Sizzler
Cuisines: American, Australian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“All good-we enjoyed!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A rainy night in Sizzler with sizzle bread-yum!!! A little more expensive than I remember when we had Sizzler in Melbourne but I still enjoyed since my girls were with me!! Our meals were forgotten & the staff were soooo nice about it with an extra serve of sizzle bread as a sorry & also an offer of a glass of wine (which we declined)-my steak was a bit dry but the salads were yummy as was the hot big spud....my 10 yr old enjoyed her 2 helpings of icecream too.

• Visited April 2013

Mackay, Australia
“great place to eat”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

lovely place for get togethers a little bit of everything, salad bars great mains and dessert. cheap night out if you pay for the drinks refills too. maybe could look at the queuing system though.

Visited September 2012
Mackay
“Same”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Sizzler Mackay stick to the brand well. The prices are the same and the salad bar is the same. Every time I go to canelands I walk past and give them a thought, sometime I act and go in. Every time there are no complaints good food and good service.

• Visited September 2012
Mackay
“Another Sizzler”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nothing special here, its been done. Found the wait for a table to be a little long. The food was good but I would not say value for money.

Visited August 2012
Mackay Qld
“Long, Slow Queue's.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We waited a long time for Sizzler's to come to Mackay but it seems no matter when you go you always have to wait in a long slow queue and when you finally get to place your order it's all robotic. You may know what you want to eat but there is a concrete format that it has to be entered into their machine. With only two operators on duty no wonder it takes on average 15-20 minutes to get to the front of the que. They have nice pictures of how a medium rare steak should look but in all our visits my wife and I have never got a true medium rare steak - they are always over-cooked. It's not much use having big pictures of steaks if the cooks don't have a copy in the kitchen.

It's fair to say that salads are of good quality but the base price for the salad bar at $25.00 is very expensive for what is actually offered. It's a great place to take children to teach them how to behave in public but it loses a wheel when the young ones seem to be always around the desert area running backwards and forwards to their table. Service is always good and the staff always seem to be enjoying their work. I don't mind waiting for a good steak but at the table not in the que.

• Visited November 2012