“Definitely the best Mackay has to offer!”

Romeo & Juliet's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 197 Restaurants in Mackay
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Romeo & Juliet's is a contemporary fine dining experience, with a huge emphasis on service. We have an extensive wine and beverage list to complement the exquisite cuisine on offer.
“Definitely the best Mackay has to offer!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Finally! Somewhere in Mackay that has really cottoned on to the need for fine food PAIRED with great service. Sometimes there is one or the other in Mackay, but this place takes the cake.
As soon as we arrived, we were shown to our table by the LOVELY and very personable waitress. She even gave me a compliment and her approach throughout the whole evening was impeccable. Our water glasses were continuously topped up. Entrees were delicious and fresh. We both ordered steak for mains and both were beautifully cooked.
Atmosphere was intimate, cosy and warm. Staff were always friendly. We only wish we could've stayed for dessert because the menu looked amazing... But we were just too full. What a wonderful evening. We can't wait to go back!!

Mackay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great food. Great atmosphere and definately one of the best in mackay. Yum! Order the bruschetta for starters!

1 Thank PetaJM
Brisbane
“A true culinary delight!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Romeo and Juliet's is easily the best restaurant mackay has to offer. The food is absolutely amazing and always immaculately presented. I just love the Moroccan chicken and my partner swears by the steak menu. Desert is an absolute must here, the peanut butter and jelly brownie is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The restaurant has such a lovely and charming feel to it, from the beautiful stain glass window to the tables which look out onto the garden, it has a very cosy and old world feel to it. Good customer service is extremely hard to find in Mackay but the staff at Romeo and Juliet's are consistently pleasant and caring, striking that elusive balance of attentive without being annoying.

Definitely a restaurant to try and one that you will continue to go back to for the amazing food, service and atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Emma D
Sarina, Australia
“Wow”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have been wanting to try this restaurant for a few years and I finally had the chance. It is a shame I have been dining at other restaurants for so long. The slightly irreverent but delightful waitstaff perfectly complimented the exquisitely prepared food and the warm, cozy atmosphere definitely topped it off. My wife and I couldn't decide on entrees, so we ordered three. I was so glad as they were all perfect. After the healthy sized mains, we had no room for desert, oh well, we will just have to go back! This place would have to be one of the best restaurants in the whole region; quality, price, meal size, atmosphere, congrats!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Stephen M
Mackay, Australia
“A gem between rocks in Mackay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been living in Mackay for over 12 months now and only three weeks ago I had my first Romeo and Juliet's experience! When it came to having my birthday last week I was eager to chose this beautiful little restaurant on Shakespeare Street to enjoy my celebrations with friends. The food is amazing, and every one of my 17 friends enjoyed their meals, but its not just the food that's amazing, it is teamed by friendly happy staff and a great atmosphere. I can't wait to go to this amazing restaurant again!!!!! A rare find in Mackay!

• Visited July 2012