“Very nicely presented holiday park, right on the beach”

and 1 more site!
Mackay Blacks Beach Holiday Park
Ranked #3 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Mackay
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in one of the villas. Clean, spacious and set up with everything you might need. Managers John & Michelle were pleasant and helpful. Easy walk to the tavern for a lovely meal. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Ljh62

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a lovely park.I met some nice people in the park but the staff where so rude I am a grey nomad this is my second time around Australia and I cant understand what was wrong with them.
But the couple next to me got asked to leave because they had kids that was pretty bad I never herd some think like that happen before. one more thing I was very disapionted that you had to rake up your own leafs I'm not lazy but I thought the staff would do that I don't like to complain because I don't want to be one of those people who complain about every thing but I read all these good Reveiw's that made me want to go but I wont go back unless John and michelle are well away form this park if you go here stay away from John and Michelle and you will have a lovely time

enjoy your travels jason and lyn

Room Tip: get a water veiw its so fabulous
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jason r
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thank you John and Michelle for helping to make our stay at your beautiful park so enjoyable. What can I say, my husband and I have just enjoyed a wonderful 3 weeks staying at the Blacks Beach Holiday Park. This park is beautifully maintained, the facilities are 5 star and extremely well looked after. We were lucky enough to be given a site very close to the water and the sound of the waves lulling us to sleep at night was magic. We were able to enjoy walks along the beach, sitting under beautiful shade trees just watching the water all in a beautiful setting. The park is a short 15 minute drive from the Centre of Mackay, but good shopping facilities are closer, should the need arise. Your hosts John and Michelle have done a fantastic job creating this wonderful atmosphere and John is always on for a chat as he carries out his morning ritual of checking the sunrise, beach, park and his guests as he travels around the park in his golf cart. We highly recommend this park to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxed holiday, either for a few days or a longer stay. We have only been Grey Nomads for just over a year but without a doubt this is the best van park we have stayed in. The sites are big, well grassed and make the parking of a van very easy. We are sad to be leaving tomorrow, but we go with many good memories and hope to return one day soon. Garry & Heather

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Heather B
Reviewed March 12, 2013

this is a lovely park kev and I found the facilities excellent they are the best down the coast. we are grey nomads and enjoyed other friendly travellers in the park for a talk.
John and Michelle have worked so hard to improve the park its a credit to them and their staff in bringing this park back to life. WELL DONE!!!
As we travel south we will always mention where we stayed and not that rain!!
Kev and Sheron.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sheronembrey
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I have travelled pretty well all over; and now that we are embracing the Grey Nomad lifestyle we expect to see a great deal more of this beatiful country and all it has to offer. Which brings me to our current location, "Mackay Blacks Beach Holiday Park". Firstly what an outstanding and fabulous transformation this park has gone through since I last saw it back in 2008 when it was formerly called "The Seawinds Caravan Park".

It does'nt happen often but words fail me, how do I describe to you what has occurred here? It was once the ugly duckling that no one loved, but now it has to be one of the best van parks around; the amenities are first class, the grounds and van sites are fantasitc too, and there are plans for ongoing capital works to further develop the site which will continue to compliment the beautiful beachside location. The previously overgrown and dangerous trees have been sympatheticly pruned and trimmed to remove branches that were certain to fall during high wind events which are frequent to the area.

The Staff; John, Michelle and Team; they are simply the best (people and managers) and being first time Park Managers I can honestly say that they could easily put a lot of established Parks and long time managers to shame; they all work beyond any normal workload and it is clearly evident that they are really engaged within their respective roles, the grounds are always mown and the amenities clean. Last week we had a high wind event that created havoc; and who do you see helping out? John, and he was out there helping several van owners make repairs to fallen and collaped awnings etc.

I also note with some amusement that there have been several "negative" reviews, all I can say is that as individuals we only get out of life what we are prepared to put into it.

Come and see for yourselves, you won't be disappointed. Live, Love and Dance, we do. Cheers.

Room Tip: Book early or miss out; Grey Nomad season is almost here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AJ Harley E
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a terrible stay here. Yes, park is refurbished with nice amenities & the beach front view is amazing but management were disgusting. Guests were more of a hassle then anything else. Park also advertises shops as being in close proximity, but only supermarket is a 5-10 min drive down the road.
This park would be a gem if it was taken over my managers who cared about their guests.

• Stayed: December 2012
14  Thank Cvanss
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The management are lazy rude and unhelpfull. In the time I was there more then a few incidence happened with management. This included a kids scooter being confiscated, being charged for unknown items, unable to have an urgent parcel sent to office, lawns were not looked after, no assistance was provided by management after a storm and these are just a few things that occurred during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012