“Friendly efficient service, great value food, good coffee & kid friendly!”

Oscars On Sydney Cafe & Bar
Ranked #24 of 204 Restaurants in Mackay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oscars provides a relaxed alfresco dining experience with a funky retro interior. Fully licenced -open 7days breakfast& lunch. Known for great coffee & food, excellent service & the perfect spot for all occasions.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here yesterday after reading the previous reviews. The scones were huge and delicious. My children were given crayons and colouring book to use. Our coffees were delicious. The prices were very reasonable. But what really prompted me to write this review was the friendly, efficient waiter who made us feel so welcome.

2  Thank Aussieescaper

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped in here for a morning tea and had a delightful experience.
The waiter was super friendly and very professional. He had a big smile on his face and was enthusiastic about his service. It really made the experience fun and enjoyable.
Coffees were excellent, and I had a scone with jam and cream which was super tasty, warm and fluffy, absolutely perfect.
A lovely morning tea - will most definitely return.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited for lunch on a Sunday. Sat outside which was very noisy due to traffic. Was told to be seated and then waited 10 min for service.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First time to this restaurant, seems to be a very popular place for Saturday breakfast. There are choices of seating outside (under cover) or inside, with plenty of tables, even some with lounge seats.

Was quite busy when we arrived, however we received a friendly greeting and invited to sit wherever we wanted. A waitress greeted us less than a minute after seating, and offered us menus and took our drinks order straight away. These, a coffee and a soft drink came in good time. My cappucino had plenty of foam, was a good size and not too hot, well made.

There are plenty of choices for breakfast; light breakfasts such as fresh fruit, pancakes, toast etc between $4 and $13, and the larger breakfasts such as bacon, eggs, sausages, eggs benedict etc from $14 to $20. I chose scrambled eggs on toast which was very tasty and served with grilled tomato and 2 slices of toast. Great size. My partner had a crispy bacon and egg sandwich on Turkish bread - this was also a very generous size, with plenty of filling. The only thing that could have improved it she said was to make the bacon a little bit crispier.

All together, our bill was $31, which was fair for what we received.

Pay you bill on leaving, I would have preferred if serving was in turn, rather than being made to wait while coffee was made for someone who arrived at the counter after me.

The place had a vibrant atmsophere, not to noisy to intrude on a quiet read of the paper, but enough to be interesting. And it's in a good spot, surrounded by other shops, with a supermarket across the road.

Worth trying.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great breakfast venue for me; although my colleagues enjoy lunch there aswell. I enjoy the outdoor seating arrangement for early morning starts to the day; however there is also great sitting inside for those who my not like chilling morning air. I always have the big breakfast and just love it everytime. If you require something a little more "fancy" they sure can service your needs with a fantastic menu to choose from.