BURP.eat.drink & THE DISPENSARY
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing meal at burp, the only reason this review isn't excellent is because my waitress was a little green and something happened with my order and my meals came out very late. I had the scallops for my entree which were a dash overlooked for my preferences but everyone is different and the duck for my main which I highly recommend. The flavours were sensational. I especially like how they keep their wines at the temperatures they are suppose to be served at.
Very, very nice.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was lucky enough to attend the opening night of The Dispensary. Located next door to Burp Restaurant and operated by the same owners The Dispensary is something Mackay people should embrace. An incredible attention to detail is visible throughout the building both downstairs and up, through to the the open air deck which is just perfect for that relaxing drink. The owners of this new place should feel very proud that they have set the bar so high in Mackay; it leaves all other places just trying to reach that level. The interior incorporates beautiful timbers finishes, marble, tiles, pressed metal, rustic brick work and leaves you wondering how anyone could have had such a vision that all this could come together into such a modern upmarket venue. Every single element of this place is outstanding and I wish the owners every success because it is truly deserved. Well done guys.

4  Thank Penny T
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We eat at Burp regularly and we are always impressed. The freshness, consistency, quality, service and the relaxed yet elegant atmosphere gives it a quality that could be enjoyed anywhere. Love it!! Today I had a scallop salad that I think should be a regular on the menu. It was exquisite.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went to Burp last night for the first time with a few friends. It was totally amazing and we will be more than happy to return. The food was a little expensive and more than we would normally pay but it was worth every cent. The presentation was stunning and very unique and the staff where friendly and helpful. Well done Burp!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visited with some friends and it always exceeds my expectations. The zucchini flowers are a must have. Service was awesome and atmosphere is chic! Nothing to dislike