“BEST service by any motel EVER...!!!!”

International Lodge Motel
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Mackay
Nelson Bay, Australia
“BEST service by any motel EVER...!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this motel overnight for a quick visit to mackay. Right from the start we were greeted by Mike & Petra who made us feel like family. Infact the mood they set to the place reflected on each guest we bumped into on our stay. The complimentary cookies were the bomb and the morning breakfast delivered on time and piping hot (I'm a chef, I should know).. The rooms were very clean and in my opinion, well above the 3.5 * rating. Everything u needed was within an easy 5-10 min walk.. Definately recommend this motel to everyone visiting Mackay. Do yourself a favour and don't even bother looking elsewhere..
Cheers guys for making our stay a memorable one... Shazz & Jason :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

From the moment I set foot in the door I was made to feel welcome beyond anything I've ever experienced during all my work travels over the past fifteen years.
Beautifully renovated older style motel......very clean clean and extremely comfortable........not to mention the homemade cookies......to die for. Location also fabulous.......within walking distance to many amenities.
The management couple were gorgeous and extremely welcoming.
Will definitely be back and would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very convenient location and it was just like staying with family, the ones you enjoy staying with!

Certainly close to everything in town, restaurants etc, and for cannot beat it cleanliness. Mike does a great breakfast as well and overall, the price is right and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when next in Mackay. A great stay.

Room Tip: Prefer ground floor, anywhere ... age issue!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nerang, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Michael and Petra are fantastic hosts...
The International is a wonderful little motel, we always stay there when we visit Mackay (which is regular). Its in a great central location, the rooms are always clean and tidy, the price if fantastic for being in the city centre and Michael & Petra are always so welcoming, they make you feel right at home (even freshly baked biscuits on the counter when you check in).
I always recommend the International to friends and family.... we cannot rate it high enough.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Mike and Petra were the consummate hosts. They gave the stay a very home like feeling in that they could not do enough for you and the breakfasts were a welcome change to pretentious cafe fare. It is nice to have hotel managers that are very friendly and interested in having a chat and making you feel comfortable. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The owner of the motel was working the night I stayed there giving the usual manager time off. He went out of his way to be welcoming and friendly. My drive was taking me longer than anticipated due to construction on the "highway" (very different than a highway in the US). I called to update him and to make sure I could get into the room given that I was going to be later than the normal check-in time. He made sure to leave the key in a box for me, but I actually ran into him when I arrived. He told me where I could park safely and showed me to my room. Even offered me a beer because of my hectic drive.

The motel itself is in a great location, clean, and comfortable. There was good WiFi. Pretty much a great stopping for the night motel at a fair price given where it is.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank das404ga
Pimpama, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Good central location, spotlessly clean and comfortable room and a great price! Only downside was the noise of the ferals clearing out from the pubs and clubs all night, but we wanted a central location so I guess it was to be expected on a Saturday night in downtown Mackay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends