“for the price: AWESOME”

Pioneer Villa Motel
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Mackay
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very clean motel, with modern tv, toaster, microwave etc.

bathroom is a bit old, but ok & clean.

FOR 85 Dollar more than ok. VERY GOOD MOTEL!! in particular for families

staff also very, very friendly. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hans d
There are newer reviews for Pioneer Villa Motel

Reviewed May 31, 2014

So I booked into the villa with my two little boys for one night. The customer service we received on check in was first class. As fair I'm concerned most motels should send their staff here for training on the correct way to treat Guests. Awesome job guys!! You'
Have gained a returning customer. If you are looking for accommodation where the hospitality is second to none look no further. Great job Pioneer Villa!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My colleague and I stayed here for one night whilst we attended a workshop in Mackay. Check in was speedy and friendly, we were given the keys to our room (a standard twin share).
However there were some neighbours a few door down from us who were smoking outside their room, and the smoke was starting to really stink inside ours! After a quick chat with Daryl, the manager, he not only moved us but also upgraded us to a queen room (not sure what was different tbh, seemed the same room...maybe air con?)
Anyway that was the only negative about the whole place, which wasn't a bother to resolve. The place was very clean, plenty of hot water, clean towels and linen. Rooms were spacious enough for the two of us to share, and although the rooms could maybe do with a paint job here and there, it's fantastic value for price.
Daryl also let me borrow the microwave for our BYO porridge, and then rang our room to offer us free toast. Bless him, such a lovely lovely guy. Thank you for a great stay, pioneer motel will now be my stop over of choice in future.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Addicted2LV
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I booked a room at the Pioneer Villa and was unable to stay due to a family emergency. The manager was kind enough to refund my booking due to the circumstances! Great customer service and friendly staff members. I recommend this hotel for anyone that loves great hospitality and service.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Morganjade95
Daryl W, Owner at Pioneer Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Sorry about the family emergency but happy to help out with the refund. We appreciate when guests contact us at Pioneer Villa Motel to tell us that they need to cancel. Thank you.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

After a long day of travelling picked this motel review said under new management and recently refurbished $109 a night new beds ect. Asked what room they have was told what do you want to spend asked about new refurbished showmen $145 near road cheaper at back $109 up near road chose $115 at back didn't make a difference and traffic was a problem .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H

We offer different room types and different rates to suit the guests rather than upsell them into a larger room with cooking facilities if that is not required. That way guests may chose their own room at their own budget. That is why we show rooms to travellers where possible. Pioneer Villa Motel is located on Nebo Road which is the Bruce Highway so traffic noise can be a problem for all motels on this main thoroughfare and close to the city centre. Fortunately the noise abates around 7 p.m. and all the rooms face away from the road. We offer two internal rooms which are very quiet and will be happy to offer that to our returning guests upon their next visit. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Getting on a bit now, very clean and also comfy. Owner, Darryl, is fabulous. A true gentleman. It is just getting on in years and needs more than a facelift, it is very comfortable but if you want upmarket it isn't for you. Would I stay again, yes I would.

Room Tip: I had an Executive room, it was average.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GregoryBBundaberg

Like the building, the owner also is getting on in years. The good news though is that Pioneer Villa Motel is getting a facelift and improvements, not so for the owner. Such is life.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

During my 5 days in Mackay on Business, I stayed at this Motel. It was Great. After my long trip to Mackay and long days working, it was a great place to come back to, for rest and relaxation, so quiet and restful.
> Loads of hot water in the Shower, great water pressure.
> My room was spotlessly clean.
> The Staff were very helpful.
> The bed was very comfortable.
> The Air conditioning was perfect.
> Very Hospitable manager (A sincerely lovely man, he really cared about our comfort)
> Great Wifi
> The pool was clean and the water does not sting your eyes like some places I have stayed.

The whole place has a welcoming, homey feel to it. I really enjoyed my stay. And next time I am in Mackay for work and play, I will definitely stay there again. And I completely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Daryl W, Manager at Pioneer Villa Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Staying away from home for extended periods is often onerous, especially for business travellers who work all day and spend half the night doing computer work. We do ask guests at Pioneer Villa Motel to tell us if they need anything extra as sometimes they may have forgotten their phone charger or extension cord. We are always happy to help where we can, thank you for the kind review.