“Kampung”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Brilliant food, fair pricing. Would reccommend this restaurant to anyone. Been to Robina and Benowa!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

2.nd visit and just as good. Roti bread is the best. Great service and very reasonable.We will return next visit to Qld

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Kampung Malay at Benowa has been one of our favoured restaurants for many years. Although it's located outside a small suburban shopping centre,the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and welcoming. Our experience has pretty much always been of attentive, efficient service. The meals are flavoursome and good value for the serves. On this occasion we had satay chicken skewers (a "must try"), roti chanai, Yum Yum Chicken (mild Malaysian curry) and rice. Everything came out hot and in a timely manner (they were moderately busy that night). Water is brought to the table (chilled), soft drinks are available, and they are BYO (there is a bottle shop a few doors down).

Overall a lovely local restaurant, and one we will no doubt be back to again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We are frequent visitors of Kampung Malay in Benowa, and it is a lovely local restaurant that serves consistently wonderful food.

It is reasonably priced and the service is friendly and warm. We are fans of the roti chanai and Kung Po chicken!

Definitely deserves a go!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm told the food is OK. I would not know. With a group of 10, I ordered the chili duck. It didn't come by the time the rest of the meals were served. They arrived over about a 20 minute except the rice which took 40 minutes. After being reassured my meal was on its way, the cook worked out that someone else at the table had my meal and that made it my problem, not theirs. They then proceeded to charge me for a meal that I had not received. If you want a decent meal, avoid Kampung Malay.

2  Thank Steve B