“Not what it used to be”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Gold Coast
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Eating at George's Paragon used to be an experience of class. Brilliant, attentive waitstaff, linen clothes, fine china and beautiful cutlery all in a delightful blue and white restaurant overlooking a marina. Oh, and the food was delicious. Everything is still in place - except the friendly waitstaff and the delicious food. Both now hover just above average.

Visited February 2013

Hope Island, Australia
“Delicious food, lovely view, good service”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a delicious dinner at George's restaurant with some friends. The location is good and the view lovely. All our meals were fresh and delicious and we will definitely be be back. Service was good too.

London, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Every time I visit the coast I keep going back to George's as I always think it's overrated and I'm desperate to be proved wrong, but each time there's always something else that stops me from falling in love with the place.

This time it was a particularly arrogant waiter who seemed to look down his nose at us from the moment I asked for iced tap water instead of the overpriced mineral water.

Sure the food was good, my sons calamari was outstanding and the baramundi was cooked to perfection, my baruti was reasonable though the highlight was the waiter tossing the bug shells into the marina for the fish to devour.

I couldn't put people off this place, it's a great setting and in general the food is good, it could be that we were one of a small number of people who ate early (which comes with a 50% discount on certain dishes), maybe the waiting staff see value seekers as lower class people.

Quality was there, quantity less so, service not. Therefore a disappointing evening

3 Thank UK2NY
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent food - Wooden staff”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We recently enjoyed a very tasty lunch at Georges at Sanctuary Cove. We stopped at Sanctuary Cove as part of a Sea World Cruise and decided to try the lunch special menu and we wernt disappointed (with the food that is). The food was fresh and absolutely delicious and such great value. I agree with other reviews that the waiting staff were attentive but in my opinion were a little "over attentive" at times fussing about placing napkins over laps etc. Also the 'meeter and greeter' on the front desk appeared slightly officicious and not at all welcoming - it was only the enticement of half price seafood that really attracted us. Perhaps we just encountered a couple of not so friendly staff members on this occasion, but to me dining is not just about the food, so although the food was excellent I wouldnt make a return visit.

1 Thank jacstar351
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, well priced, speedy service. The souvlaki was excellent. We had the crayfish, octopus and snapper. All very good. The atmosphere is pleasing with all the Greek paintings and decor. Well worth a visit.