“Great food Cosy Atmosphere”
Review of Garlic Clove Restaurant - CLOSED

Garlic Clove Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Award-winning French cuisine, stunning water views and colourful European architecture, complete with private function room, the Garlic Clove is a family friendly dining experience open 7 days for lunch, dinner, weddings and functions.Awards:* 2012 – Finalist Best European Restaurant* 2009 – Winner Best European Restaurant* 2009 – Finalist Best Family Restaurant* 2009 – Finalist People’s Choice Award* 2008 – Finalist Best European Restaurant* 2006 – Finalist People’s Choice Award for Excellence* 2005 – Finalist Best European Restaurant* 2005 – Winner Best European Restaurant* 2002 – Finalist Best Family Restaurant* 2000 – Finalist Best BYO Restaurant* 1999 – Winner Best BYO Restaurant
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have seen this restaurant from the other side of the river yet not been there before. The building looks attractive as is the old French Quarter style.I have also heard from many friends that the food quality was very good. My first experience was pleasurable. The waiter was attentive to my wine glass- always important!! I thoroughly enjoyed the veal followed by the creme brulee. It has a pleasant outlook over wide water. I would happily return.

1  Thank Kim M
There are newer reviews for Garlic Clove Restaurant

Reviewed June 11, 2013

When this place was in Cararra , the food was better, I thought, it was proper brasserie food, I think the chef has some younger guys in the kitchen and it didn't really come off like it used to... wasn't bad just different and of course the prices were jacked to pay off the new location. Given the choice between here and the Champagne Brasserie , I'd go the latter!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Another great dinner at Garlic Clove. Nice to see a restaurant doing well on a wet, cold Tuesday evening - but that should be expected with all the local patronage.
Menu hasn't changed much over the years, but when the food is so consistently good there really is no need.
Service as usual is attentive and informative, whilst never overbearing, pretentious or fake (hard to find these days).
Well done - there's a reason this place remains a local's favourite.

GarlicClove, Owner at Garlic Clove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Zan,

Thank you so much for your 4 stars and kind comments, we really appreciate it. I've passed on your comments to our chefs and front of house team who were really pleased to receive them. We have a fantastic team which we are proud of, they do a great job don't they? Unfortunately whilst most of our diners frequently tell us how much they enjoy their experiences when leaving our restaurant it is not as often they come online to write and share a positive review, so thank you for taking your time to do so. Human nature I suppose! :)

Once again I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner with us and have been dining for years, and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We found the dishes were quite expensive, then we ordered a 3-course dinner which included an entree, main course and dessert.
Before we made the order , we asked clearly about the price and the waiter said we can just order one course and share. I believe the waiter is Asian and he understand that me and my boyfriend ( also Asian ) cannot eat much , so he said we can just order one course and share with $60.
We ordered garlic bread, seafood chowder , pork loin and chocolate brownies. Everything was good except the brownies. It was the worst brownies I had ever tried. There is no chocolate taste but only sweet. And it was so hard and not chewy at all.
When we pay the bill , we found that it was $73 but not garlic bread $4 plus $60 course. The waitress said the price is not for sharing, if u share, they charge normal price of each dishes! We told them that we were told that we can share with $60 course! But she just kept saying $60 is not for sharing! I didnt want to argue with her , we just paid and left with disappointment. The waitress was not friendly at all, quite rude actually.

1  Thank Samsam222
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to mothers day again this year but to be honest it was a little disappointed. There wasn't any lobster that was the star last mothers day. Their special dish of the pork couldn't be ordered till after 6pm so that was out! The food needed salt and pepper and wasn't seasoned but I have to say our waitress was lovely and the star of the restaurant. Some tables had flowers on them but not all and the didn't do the little sprinkles of hearts etc on the tables just one pink balloon and when you bill comes to $258 for three, well -Not sure if we would come back again.

1  Thank Joshtherock
GarlicClove, Manager at Garlic Clove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Josh,

Thank you so much for your latest review of our restaurant, we truly appreciate you dining with us regularly and letting us know how we are going. Taking your time on a regular basis is very much appreciated, invaluable, and keeps us on our toes! :)

We apologise in this instance that we may have let you down and that you were a little disappointed, especially on such a special occasion. Yes, we usually have lobster on the menu for Mother's Day which is our busiest day of the year, and we are so pleased that you have loved this dish in previous years. We apologise that it was not available this year and that you were looking forward to it, we'll make sure it is definitely on our menu next year. We hope you chose to dine with us again soon and we will do our absolute best to ensure that you have the positive and memorable experience you have come to expect from us over the years.