“NRL Break”

Ranked #112 of 128 Hotels in Gold Coast
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“NRL Break”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had one night here so we could attend an NRL match. It was a nice place, self contained room which was clean, just the sort of thing that my husband and I like when we travel.
We would come back again. We only paid $70 as we got the room on a special rate.
My only negative was that the manager came and knocked on our room on the stroke of 10 am to remind us of check out time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 52BuccaTravellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Rates Reasonable. Position perfect. Rooms reasonable for somewhere to lay your head. The actual hygiene of room was unacceptable. How does management expect a human being to feel clean when the sheets have blood stains, pillows are decrepid and blankets have all sorts of staining. Last but not least. The female manager/owner. Donna is extremely abrupt, never mans the office and begrudges being asked for assistance when you do get her attention. She parades around like the world owes her something. I have travelled the world and have never experienced such unprofessionalism. Obviously this woman has never travelled herself to observe how out of character she is being especially to international travellers. She could very well be FOH to many travellers therefore portraying AUSTRALIA as an extremely rude race.

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Gold Coast hotels

Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Go somewhere else! We paid $150 per night and regretably stayed the 2 nights although in hindsight should have left as soon as we walked in. There was one sink in the bathroom which I guess we were supposed to wash dishes in. One powerpoint to power the air conditioner or the fridge (not both). No toilet roll holder or towel rails, Mould in the bathroom. A big gap in the bathroom window. It was freezing, blankets were filthy. Floor was filthy, curtains mouldy. Pool was not clean, nothing was clean. Very noisy, you could hear the neighbours very clearly.

Room Tip: Do not pay until you see the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kerry B
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Plumbing is extremely noisy , neighbour smoked all night but because manager smokes nothing was done , local tradies use this hotel so we woke up at 0400 , car park entry is very noisy and someone on a bike loved this , walls are paper thin and we could hear our neighbours conversations , fridge was buzzing all night . There is a difference between budget and cheap .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Thedinosaur
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed her over the christmas holiday. We found it adequate, it was close to the beach and the Miami shops. Although no basic stuff like forks and spoons, luckily we ate out often. The pool was usually empty and we didn't hear any noise from others at night. The rooms are run down and do not reflect the pictures shown on their website or TA. Management was friendly and we had no complaints. If you want to be in the middle of the gold coast action this isnt the spot for you.

Room Tip: Rooms up stairs. The rooms down stairs get all the foot traffic in the hotel passing by your window.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalieanne1990
Osaka
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The woman who runs the hotel is extremely rude, I can definitely see why it has such bad reviews here. Even though the rooms were nice, it really ruined my stay to be spoken to so nastily. There's no disabled access (which it didn't state anywhere!) and I have a very bad back so I asked whether it'd be possible to get help with my suitcase, and the way she spoke to me, you'd have thought I'd have asked her to buy me jewellery or something.

Just plain awful. I ended up putting my back out carrying the suitcase and was in agony for the next few days, so my trip was ruined AND I had to put up with her attitude to boot. Never again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Kittychan1983
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel after a work conference and was horrified to wake after one hour to intense scratching all over my body. Yes BED BUGS GALORE and the photos dont lie! It is one thing to experience this horrible dirty infestation but its another to be treated extremely rudely and have the door slammed in your face and locked out of reception when i went to hand in my keys to management. I believe it is Donna and her teenage son who run this hotel and my god are they RUDE! I simply asked if i could get a refund as you can imagine i had no sleep although i was pushed out of the office verbally abused by the teenager and Donna and told to pay more for a hotel room next time somewhere else. There is no type of customer service experienced here. It doesnt suprise me when i got on trip advisor the amount of negative comments about this hotel, it is astounding especially relating to uncleaniliness and the attidude of the owner. ALOT of people have experieced this and i read in an earlier comment by management saying they pride themselves on cleaniness??????? People like this deserve all the negative comments coming there way i still cannot get over how this women and her son could behave in such an unprofessional uncivialised manner on a regular basis. I contacted WOTIF and they organised a refund with management as they mentioned how apalling this was. Still no apology or any kind of compassion was experienced from management as a result of the bed bugs! Iv been to many hotels but simply this one is THE worst i have ever experienced by a long mile!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business