“Great location, beach front accommodation....”
Review of San Simeon

San Simeon
Ranked #246 of 348 Specialty Lodging in Gold Coast
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, beach front accommodation....”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

San Simeon is a great place to stay, especially for families. So very clean, & spacious units with Beach Front access. The pool area is perfect. lt is a very quiet end of the Gold Coast with not a lot of people on the beach in that area. Great BBQ facilities overlooking the beach. Extra spa on the roof is very special and the views magnificent......Very friendly managers.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SanSimeonApart, Manager at San Simeon, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for you lovely review. We like to think we occupy a special unspoiled part of the Gold Coast and our beachfront facilities, local shops, resturants and cafe's add to the enjoyment of it all.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed in a renovated two bedroom room for a week in February 2014 - booked a few months in advance and got a great early bird price. It was such excellent value and the room was wonderful. Clean and very well equipped, very spacious - had 4 people staying in the two bedroom room but could have fitted another two people in easily with the sofa bed. Property is quiet and has a great location. It is absolute beachfront and the beach is beautiful and not busy at all. Short drive to Surfers and Pacific Fair, and walking distance to an IGA, several bottleshops, cafes, pub and surf club. The building as a whole is a little dated but the room was beautiful so we didn't even notice. Pool looked great and the Tennis Court and BBQ area looked well maintained but we didn't really use them so can't say too much. Great view from the room too! Had a wonderful time, highly recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacq1S
SanSimeonApart, Manager at San Simeon, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. We are very proud of all our refurbished facilities and the building is due for a repaint next year. The Southern Gold Coast is such a lovely area yet still so close to everything. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Loved the layout and location. The pool and BBQ areas are very well maintained and fenced for privacy from the road; they also have great views of the ocean. The ample grassed areas are great for the kids to run around, play ball sports and even climb trees; all overlooking the beach. Not even a bike track to cross to get to the popular beach ( Shell st. to the side of the resort fills up with cars on nice days ). Even the tennis court has ocean views and catches a good sea breeze. The managers were very helpful, friendly and professional. We could even buy an ice cream at reception at supermarket prices :) The cost of our stay was great value. The IGA (5 minute walk north along the beach) had the best meat specials, $7kg rump $8kg Porterhouse :) Have booked for next year already.

• Stayed November 2013
SanSimeonApart, Manager at San Simeon, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed everything we have to offer here at San Simeon and the local area. Hopefully we get to keep our lovely big front lawn and for it not to be turned into a pathway as council is trying to do. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Pro. it has a bus stop outside that takes you to tweed heads or just across the road you can get the bus to gold coast etc.I would not bother with there internet cafe as takes your money then freezes.They say to unplug it then try again,does not work.Garbage chutes are a joke.If you want a cheapish holiday its s ok but only 3 star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian W
Stanthorpe, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2013

To start off with, my partner and I stayed for 5 nights in one room, while the est of my family stayed in another room. I had requested a room on a higher floor which I did get, very happily.
I think this particular place is best suited to a list of pros and cons with details on certan aspects.

PROS:
- Spectacular view.
- Close to shops and restaurants.
- On the beach.
- Lovely BBQ area.
- Nice pool area
- Bus stops right outside.

-The view is amazing, you can see Coolangatta and Surfers Paradise.
- It's only a 5 minute walk to local shops and cafes.
-The BBQ area is a good size, wind resistant enclosure and clean.
- The pool area is nice, however at night it can become a playground for bugs of all sorts, I couldn't go into the spa and pool one night because it was riddled with bugs.

CONS:
- The adults only area on the rooftop- The spa wasn't clean, the sauna looks dingy.

- You need to go all the way back down from your room to the reception elevator and go up to the roof to get to the adults only area.

- We are expected to wash all the dishes before check out. ( I don't like having to rely on the previous people cleaning the dishes to their standards.)

- We are also expected to take out all the rubbish in the room before we leave- The garbage chute is not big enough so I have to make a trip to the bins in the basement.

- The sinks in our room were clogged, the water wouldn't go down in the en suite.

- The place can be confusing as to where to go when you first get there.

- The computer downstairs- It is the slowest computer I have ever encountered- I wanted to just print out an email and I had to put in $7 just to finally get my print-out- $2 for half an hour.

- When I asked for help with the computer he simply said unplug it- Which I had done multiple times and just went back to talk with people. I felt that I had a lack of service there.

- Some of the machines in the games room don't work.

- The doors rattle whenever a tiny bit of wind came.

Some things to help improve this place would be:

- Please make your computer and internet faster.
- Cleanliness of the adults only area.
- Bigger garbage chute.
- Make guest first priority.

I did enjoy my time here, this place has a lot of potential- if a few of the 'cons' were addressed it would be amazing.

Room Tip: Room 47- Best views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DimityM559
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Absolute beach frontage, friendly and very helpful staff, close to everything. Enjoyed every minute of my stay! I stayed in apartment 15 and heard no traffic noise. Only the sound of the surf!! Loved my stay and will definitely be returning.
Thanks San Simeon!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank teacherbreak1
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been holidaying at San Simeon for many, many years. I took my children here for school holidays, and now I take my grandchildren here. San Simeon is my favourite place to stay on the Gold Coast. I adore the view, I could sit on the balcony all day and watch this beach. The tennis court and the hot spa on the roof are favourite places to while away the hours. San Simeon is always quiet, from the moment you arrive you slip into relaxation mode. The managers are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble. The pool and the barbecue area overlook the beautiful beach, and best of all, you are lulled to sleep each night by the sound of the ocean.

Room Tip: I like an apartment with both bedrooms and lounge room opening onto the balcony with views of beach...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple