“Truly magnificent.”
Review of San Simeon

San Simeon
Ranked #237 of 365 Specialty Lodging in Gold Coast
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Loved the layout and location. The pool and BBQ areas are very well maintained and fenced for privacy from the road; they also have great views of the ocean. The ample grassed areas are great for the kids to run around, play ball sports and even climb trees; all overlooking the beach. Not even a bike track to cross to get to the popular beach ( Shell st. to the side of the resort fills up with cars on nice days ). Even the tennis court has ocean views and catches a good sea breeze. The managers were very helpful, friendly and professional. We could even buy an ice cream at reception at supermarket prices :) The cost of our stay was great value. The IGA (5 minute walk north along the beach) had the best meat specials, $7kg rump $8kg Porterhouse :) Have booked for next year already.

• Stayed: November 2013
SanSimeonApart, Manager at San Simeon, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We are pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed everything we have to offer here at San Simeon and the local area. Hopefully we get to keep our lovely big front lawn and for it not to be turned into a pathway as council is trying to do. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Pro. it has a bus stop outside that takes you to tweed heads or just across the road you can get the bus to gold coast etc.I would not bother with there internet cafe as takes your money then freezes.They say to unplug it then try again,does not work.Garbage chutes are a joke.If you want a cheapish holiday its s ok but only 3 star.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed October 31, 2013

To start off with, my partner and I stayed for 5 nights in one room, while the est of my family stayed in another room. I had requested a room on a higher floor which I did get, very happily.
I think this particular place is best suited to a list of pros and cons with details on certan aspects.

PROS:
- Spectacular view.
- Close to shops and restaurants.
- On the beach.
- Lovely BBQ area.
- Nice pool area
- Bus stops right outside.

-The view is amazing, you can see Coolangatta and Surfers Paradise.
- It's only a 5 minute walk to local shops and cafes.
-The BBQ area is a good size, wind resistant enclosure and clean.
- The pool area is nice, however at night it can become a playground for bugs of all sorts, I couldn't go into the spa and pool one night because it was riddled with bugs.

CONS:
- The adults only area on the rooftop- The spa wasn't clean, the sauna looks dingy.

- You need to go all the way back down from your room to the reception elevator and go up to the roof to get to the adults only area.

- We are expected to wash all the dishes before check out. ( I don't like having to rely on the previous people cleaning the dishes to their standards.)

- We are also expected to take out all the rubbish in the room before we leave- The garbage chute is not big enough so I have to make a trip to the bins in the basement.

- The sinks in our room were clogged, the water wouldn't go down in the en suite.

- The place can be confusing as to where to go when you first get there.

- The computer downstairs- It is the slowest computer I have ever encountered- I wanted to just print out an email and I had to put in $7 just to finally get my print-out- $2 for half an hour.

- When I asked for help with the computer he simply said unplug it- Which I had done multiple times and just went back to talk with people. I felt that I had a lack of service there.

- Some of the machines in the games room don't work.

- The doors rattle whenever a tiny bit of wind came.

Some things to help improve this place would be:

- Please make your computer and internet faster.
- Cleanliness of the adults only area.
- Bigger garbage chute.
- Make guest first priority.

I did enjoy my time here, this place has a lot of potential- if a few of the 'cons' were addressed it would be amazing.

Room Tip: Room 47- Best views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DimityM559
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Absolute beach frontage, friendly and very helpful staff, close to everything. Enjoyed every minute of my stay! I stayed in apartment 15 and heard no traffic noise. Only the sound of the surf!! Loved my stay and will definitely be returning.
Thanks San Simeon!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank teacherbreak1
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been holidaying at San Simeon for many, many years. I took my children here for school holidays, and now I take my grandchildren here. San Simeon is my favourite place to stay on the Gold Coast. I adore the view, I could sit on the balcony all day and watch this beach. The tennis court and the hot spa on the roof are favourite places to while away the hours. San Simeon is always quiet, from the moment you arrive you slip into relaxation mode. The managers are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble. The pool and the barbecue area overlook the beautiful beach, and best of all, you are lulled to sleep each night by the sound of the ocean.

Room Tip: I like an apartment with both bedrooms and lounge room opening onto the balcony with views of beach...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We only stayed one night only in a ground floor unit and location right on beach was gorgeous.
The rest of the building was looking tired. Planes yes sometimes you could hear them but did not hear that a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SanSimeonApart, Manager at San Simeon, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very lucky with our position right on the beachfront which has not suffered any ill effects from the weather this year. As a holiday resort we are constantly upgrading our facilities including the pool & BBQ area and the rooftop spa which have been completed in the last 12-18 months. We currently have scheduled a modernisation of the lifts for August next year. One of the great plus's with an older building is the size of the apartments which are very spacious. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future for a longer stay so you can enjoy all we have to offer.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a stunning ,stunning unit...We recently stayed at San Siemon and was fortunate to get a gorgoeus newly renovated unit on the ground floor (UNIT 3), perfectly positioned over looking the ocean and the pool. The unit is absolutely gorgeous and beautifully furnished with lovely personal touches.

The ground floor positon was perfect for us as you didnt have to get in a lift and it was easy with the kids to go for a swim. The unit looked over the ocean and they have a large grassed area for the kids to play with a lovely BBQ area and views to die for.

The unit has been converted into 3 bedroom\tv room with was great. The 3rd room had a large TV set up with DVD, Xbox toy box and a large sofa innerspring sofa bed.It was perfect after a big day at the beach and pool, the kids could just chill while we chilled outside looking over the ocean with a glass of wine.

The kitchen was large and lovely with all new appliances and everything you could want. Beautiful wine glasses and even a seperate wine fridge. Both bathrooms where beautiful with a large bath in the main and a double shower in the ensuite.

Tugun is so central to everything with great dining options. One of the best restruants we have eaten at was Allure at Currumbin, 5 star.. We had lovely Italian and Mexican just up the road and found a very nice coffee shop in Tooloola St Tugun. The Currumbin surf club has amazing views and great food.

I noticed comments about the planes. This didnt bother us at all, they only fly over during the day and its actually nice watching them fly in and out. At night all you can hear is the rolling waves, its so peaceful.

We had a very relaxing but fun filled holiday. We will be back and have recommended the complex to all our friends. Request unit 3 as its perfect.

Room Tip: Request unit 3
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family