“Peaceful, amazing and relaxing.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gold Coast
Ranked #150 of 368 Specialty Lodging in Gold Coast
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had our intimate wedding @ Wings in June. It was amazing - my family and my (now) husband's family all stayed @ Wings for 4 nights. On the Saturday, we were married out on the front lawn. The reception was held in the massive lounge room with a raging fire burning in the fireplace. I can not fault it. There was an issue with one of the heaters in the bedroom - the Guest Services Manager dropped a brand new one off that same morning.
Our wedding was amazing - I want to do it all again! I'd love to come back to Wings. Such a magic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank AmyCorrigan

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an idyllic location. Ideal for peace and quiet. $2000 a night and then clean up extra is extra. Neighbours complain at any hint of a party. Parking is a nightmare. Constant calls from the agent with threats to keep the bond. There is a great deal of room, the pool and tennis court is quite spectacular and the view of the city skyline and ocean are wonderful. Remember this venue is all about R&R only otherwise it will be a nightmare. I'm sure the neighbours are resistant to this accommodation in their neighbourhood.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Hendosplace
Wings H, Owner at Wings Hinterland Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Hi Hendosplace,

Thank you for your beautiful feedback. It really is an idyllic location and as you mention there is a massive amount of room and the views really are spectacular.
I'm sorry you felt disturbed by the previous manager explaining the rules. We had a neighbour who was dead set against any sort of gatherings and made all the complaints under the sun. He has now moved on, as has our previous manager.

We now have parking for 14 Cars and an additional 4 making it a total of 18 carparks.

We would love to welcome you back sometime.

All the best,

Blair Harding
Owner

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I needed a quick place after the venue where I was holding my event contacted me to say they had double booked. I looked at a numerous amount of properties and was so luck to discover this one and the gorgeous Amelia. Ours was a very last minute booking but Amelia from Wings was amazing and went out of her way to accommodate every request that we had. She even postponed regular groundsmen so we wouldn't be disturbed and brought her cleaning staff i early for us. We stayed there for 3 nights as part of our women's retreat and have re-booked for our other events in July and August.

The house is great as we were easily able to accommodate all 16 of our clients comfortably. Rollaway beds were brought in at such a small fee I was amazed! The house was clean, well stocked and very private. The views of the Gold Coast were just amazing!

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone and am very excited to be going back in July and August.

Room Tip: Perfect for a large family wanting privacy but heaps of space or for a business event where you want...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MaryKayPinkLady
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have family scattered across the country, so we decided to organise a family holiday for my little girls 5th Birthday Party. We saw this property and thought it was the perfect place for a one stop stay. Having a pool, spa, sauna, snooker table, tennis & many other things to keep the family busy we decided to rent the property for 5 days. From our first point of contact & booking to checking out, we felt that the property was incredibly homely, the staff professional and willing to do whatever it took to ensure that our stay was memorable & enjoyable. We are loved our stay so much we have booked to return in the School Holidays this year. Thank you for sharing your home and allowing us to create some beautiful memories with our family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Renee B
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was invited to stay and help cater at the winterland premises for my brothers wedding the past weekend. I flew up from sydney with excitement after seeing the pictures through stayz and the wings hinterland retreat website that showcased such great reviews? On checking in I was blown away with the great views and privacy of the property but, unfortunately that is where the good impressions stopped. The website was misleading. The mansion was run down and under the Trade Practices " not fit for purpose" rented by the agent under a clear agreed understanding the property was for the purpose of a wedding event so, the un disclosed condition of the premises was not acceptable or appreciated. many light globes were blown including the pool light, sauna light, outside bar lights, lights that would otherwise make the use of this property useful. not enough towels, llinen or toilet paper to even accommodate the amount of beds. the drive way was impractical and too small in accordance with the property size, the extra back drive way was not also only impractical but unsafe and structurally incomplete on loose gravel. alarmingly with all that we were not permitted by the owners agent to park as off street parking on what would be council land and council regulated ....without being penalised in favour of the vendor. Council would love to know where there unclaimed revenue was going right? So ok but,
On the wedding day, yes the full disclosed wedding!!! People like the photographer, cake delivery, DJ and other caterers not staying at the premises that briefly parked off street for loading also threatened our bond ( which by the true legal definition should only be forfeited in the event of damage) I felt like I was living in the big brother house under constant surveillance which, turns out we were as the owners live in the same street making our whole weekend interrupted with there threatening texts regarding cars, noise, ect. Keep in mind none of the other neighbours had a bad thing to say, nor were there claims supported by any police call outs as we were never in breach of the states noise restrictions or any restrictions at that! yet we were harassed, ripped off and deceived. perfect grounds to claim compensation and damages. I would not recommend this property to anyone unless...they were getting this property free!

• Stayed: March 2013
13  Thank Amalia115384

Hi Amalia,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you. We have been solidly booked with very happy guests.

Thank you for your honest review " On checking in I was blown away with the great views and privacy of the property"

I'm sorry you felt the property was not up to scratch but the good news is we have a complete new management team and ALL of your issues have been resolved.
We would love to have you back again to see what we have done...sorry not for free though;)

All the best,