“Not bad ”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Gladstone
“Not bad ”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights

U dear cover lock up car park, had a trailer and plenty of room to un hitch and put in a bay.
Tiny pool don't know why they bothered,
Clean and stylish no complaints
Conformable room and self contained facilities of you wanna cook a small meal.
Plenty of food down stairs in near by restaurants.
Coffee club and ribs and rumps charge back to your room.
Bottle shop 59 paces away Lol

Over all really good would come back for sure

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gavin H, Manager at Oaks Grand Gladstone, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Hi Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Oaks Grand Gladstone.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the convenience of our two chargeback restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Gladstone the next time you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel it was easy to check in and get our room key. The room rate was good $139. We had a lovely big shower, one thing I will mention there was bathroom wheelchair access which was good and nice to see for a change (even though I don't need it).

They really though of everything. Free wifi (for half hour) and Foxtel, and the bed was soooo good. I really loved the pillows too! A good nights rest for a long drive tomorrow.

Ribs and Rumps and Coffee Club are right next door and there is free undercover car parking. Everything you could ask for in 1 spot.

Highly recommended, the other hotels in Gladstone are nothing to rave about.

1 Thank Louise B
Gavin H, Manager at Oaks Grand Gladstone, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Hi Louise,

Thanks for such a great review, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I know how good a comfy bed is and am glad you enjoyed the room.

Please let me know if you are back with us in Gladstone and I will make sure we look after you again.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great room. Asked for a room with a view & my request was granted. Very new, so everything was clean & fresh. Our microwave did not work, but after calling reception, had a new one in our room within 10 mins. Staff very friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the harbor - by no means the prettiest harbor in Australia, but we enjoyed...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Titaniumtraveler24,

I am glad you have had a good stay with us, the view rooms are definately our more popular rooms so I am happy we could allocate one to you.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your reveiw, hopefully we will see you again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here on business having visited Gladstone many times and endured the dodgy accommodation offerings. This hotel is new and operated by the Oaks Group. It is an apartment hotel and is fully self contained, including a washing machine. It is in the centre of town and has a link to restaurants and coffee shops. Most rooms seem to have a balcony with opening doors and windows and parking is provided on site.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the hotel next door
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Blossom101
Hi Blossom101,

Thankyou for taking the time to share your review of Oaks Grand Gladstone, I am happy you enjoyed your time with us.

Please let me know if you are staying again, so we can look after you.

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

nice little studio apartment. friendly n helpful staff. clean. will definitely come back again. :) located at the central. easy access to places. 24 hours staffing. i just dropped in and asked for a room. unlike some places with no staff after hours n need to book 1 day in advance for keys to be ready. overall happy with my stay. reasonably priced, only slightly more expensive than some motel but definitely worth it. secured parking n building. :)

1 Thank Legollas
Gavin H, Manager at Oaks Grand Gladstone, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Legollas,

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate your feedback.

The 24 hour staffing is definitely a bonus for us, we are surprising busy over night be it late arrivals or more often in Gladstone early departures.

Let me know if you are staying again so we can look after you.

Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our room was very clean and tidy, with a comfortable king size bed. Secured parking was a bonus. The staff were friendly and helpful...but...our one bedroom apartment consisted of a studio room with movable walls to make the bedroom. The tracks on the floor for the movable walls are very harsh underfoot. The sofa is hard and uncomfortable. Dicey TV. The balcony is tiny, and covered in coal soot. The view consisted of the distant Power Plant with billowing smoke stacks, great long coal conveyor belts, rooftops, and a spattering of water views. The adjoining PUB is noisy into the early hours of the morning. No information pack available in room,(where to eat, what to see, what to do) except for advertising the adjoining Pub and it's own restaurant. Overpriced at $199.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gavin H, Manager at Oaks Grand Gladstone, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear goodnews 150,

Thankyou for taking the time to share your review of Oaks Grand Gladstone.

I am sorry you seem to have not had the same experience as most of our guests, our views and room features are consistently praised.

The Grand complex, consists of Oaks Grand Gladstone, The Coffee Club, Ribs and Rumps and the Grand Hotel. We deliberately promote our own business' first, however at reception we are more than happy to give our recommendation on other restaurants and have an assortment of menu's if people want more information.

Please let me know if you are back in Gladstone as I would like you to have a better stay next time.

Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My partner and I are from the Sunshine Coast and as he works in Gladstone, I usually travel there every fortnight. We have stayed at quite a few different hotels in Gladstone, but decided we would try the Oaks. I am so glad we did! Our room was very clean, modern and the decor was lovely. Considering the room rate per night, i was pleasantly surprised to find our room was fitted with a dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, washing machine and dryer! The room had everything we needed and made our stay very convenient and hassle free! Our room was serviced each day. Bedding was super comfortable (my partner and I are both fussy sleepers). The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were originally booked to stay 3 nights and had extended to 5, Amanda was more than happy to arrange this for us with very little notice. (even though the hotel was close to full and the room we had been staying in was booked).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Gladstone- you wont be disappointed! We will definatly be staying here for any future visits!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Ms Berthier,

It's always a pleasure to have you stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to share your review of Oaks Grand Gladstone.

Hopefully we'll see you before the next birthday, let me know when you are back and I'll take care of your booking.