“Quality it ain't”
Review of Harbour City Motel

Harbour City Motel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Gladstone
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very exhausted after a full day travelling. The name of the motel inspired us!! The price was quoted at $190 but receptionist offered a discount to $140 it was close to a tavern & husband said if it was clean to take so we could go & have a well earned drink. On initial inspection it didn't look too bad but after we took luggage in it wasn't up to our standard but of course too late to change our mind. Apparently a busy town for miners taking a lot of accomodation. There were no springs left on single bed, thus impossible to use, 2 bedside lamps didn't work & freezer blocked up with LGE block of ice making it un-useable. Carpet was grubby & spare pillows in cupboard dirty(not changed from previous traveller). This experience left us with u wish NEVER to return to Gladstone & certainly will never stay in a "Quality Inn" again. One of the most expensive motels of our trip

Room Tip: All rooms noisy Please change value & sleep quality to poor-won't allow me to back space
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trish T
There are newer reviews for Harbour City Motel

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Clean, basic the TV colour was a light purple the lamps didn't work all the bulbs had blown. It was dark getting to the room with minimal outside lighting. There was only a queen bed and single 2 chairs.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

It's a simple place but very friendly. Free wifi. Got a discount upon arrival wich was nice. The room was quite big and the bathroom was it up date. Clean as well and travelers amenities as toothbrush, sewingkit, razor etc were all in place. The reception guy was nice enough and gave good advice in where to eat and drink. Didn't really like Gladstone though. More a place to travel through and than to travel to.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in an executive deluxe room, except there was nothing executive or deluxe about it. When I had a shower the pipes were so loud I thought they were going to explode, neighbouring rooms complained to reception about the noise and I was told a plumber was going to be organised for the next day. That never happened.
There was hair in my shower when I arrived, the toiletries were not restocked, I had to ask for more shower gel and sanitary bags. The bin in the bathroom wasn't emptied, so my sanitary bags piled up. The bed wasn't made properly each day.
Food was tolerable but better options elsewhere. Internet was shoddy, sometimes connected ok, other times not at all. Beds are quite hard and pillows too soft, I had a sore neck after the second night. Location Ok.
I had to stay here as work paid but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at this motel. The room was lovely and big with modern furnishings. Shower was great and bed was comfortable. The rate we received for the room was very reasonable. We will return to this motel when we need to stay in Gladstone again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sskj5bw
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recently spent three nights at this motel. Accommodation is expensive in Gladstone and you don't get what you pay for; that's just how it is. This motel is perfectly adequate. I had a family room which was spacious and also had a spa bath. Complimentary bottled water and toiletries were provided. The room had a small bar fridge, tea/coffee amenities with separate sink and toaster and cutlery was provided. The decor is dated and the room was quite dark but I wasn't there to spend all day in the room. There is a restaurant attached to the motel however I did not eat there. The motel is close to all amenities (albeit there's not a lot of amenities in this town). My only criticism was that there were a lot of ants in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Family room was large and had a spa bath.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CareerGirl
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a reasonable place to stay - the location is good but I was a bit disappointed with the room. It was quite large but in my opinion the furniture is pretty sad. The foam in the chairs has gone flat, no mini bar,horrible shower. I would not rate this 4 stars by any means but if they spent some money modernising the rooms it could possibly deserve its current rate. It seems that this hotel is mainly used by miners whom are very noisy especially early morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business