“A Palace in the desert”
Review of Mercure Gladstone

Mercure Gladstone
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Gladstone
Reviewed August 2, 2014

After staying at all the other Hotels in Gladstone over many years of business trips, it is a pleasure to really find a palace in the desert. A unique concept in my experience for mercure being co-located with Yaralla club. The venue offer meal and activity choices equalled by no other in town or Australia bar one the Hyatt in Melbourne which has a whole shopping centre

Room Tip: All are excellent however I stayed in the privilege suites which include king size beds and superior...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed for two nights as husband had business in Gladstone, we took our 8 year old as well. After a long drive from Brisbane it was a beautiful place to relax. Room was lovely and spacious and clean. The attached club was brilliant, even played Bingo at night. The staff were all very nice and friendly and the lovely barman even remembered our drink order on the second night.

An extra special thankyou, I forgot to unpack one drawer and left a few clothing items behind. I called and the lovely lady on reception located the clothes and said - no problem, we will post them back. So nice!

Definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently had an overnight stay at the Mercure Gladstone on our way to a holiday at Heron Island. The Hotel was conveniently located a short distance from the Marina with a free shuttle bus. Service was efficient and friendly and our room was a very pleasant surprise. We had booked a queen double for ourselves and child. In hotel terms the room was spacious and had a large carved timber sliding divider between the two beds to give some privacy. Beds and pillows comfy and room was quiet. Very good value for the price.
The hotel is attached to a large sporting club and has access to a number of food services. For convenience we ate on site at the grill and the meal was OK. If we return to Heron Island we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mercure G, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hello SunnygirlHobart

I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us prior to your trip over to Heron Island. The comlimentary shuttle bus to the marina is certanly an aspect that our guests love when travelling to Heron Island.

The Suite that you stayed in is a very unique set up where the kids are not too far away but far enough away to have your own space and fo rthis reason are a very sought after room type.

I will certainly pass on your notes about the meal within the Restaurant. I am sure that they will be keen to gain this information.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Craig C

Reviewed July 16, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed there last night (7-6-14). A very good experience. Attached to the Yarala sport club it is a very big place. The room was large and very well presented. My wife forgot her toothbrush and just one call had them deliver a new one in minutes, no charge. The Chinese restaurant had a very good selection and the banquet was ample. The staff were all very happy and service was fantastic. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014

In Gladstone on business and having spent the evening meal with my clients meant I spent very little time at the Mercure. In turn I wouldn't place a huge amount of importance on my review. All I can say is how the room proved quite large (no 12 on the second floor), the heating/cooling was exceptional, the TV very clear and quite large, and the bed very nice. In fact pillow choice and bed comfort made for a terrific sleep.

The bathroom is also particularly large with enough toiletries for one to only pack lightly, the shower was fine and is designed to cater extremely well for anyone that may be handicapped. In fact I don't believe I have been to another facility offering such well thought out bathroom accessibility!

Aesthetically speaking, at least from what I saw, the Mercure which seems to be in the middle of nowhere, offers a high end exterior appearance, there's a neat water wall at the entrance, funky bar area along with a pokie room. I didn't get to explore these areas though.

Bottom line is that I believe the facility to be a worthy choice whether for business or play.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Mercure G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Hi Cuspub,

Thankyou for your review of your stay with us, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We work hard to ensure people have a good stay with us, so we are glad you enjoyed your time here.

We hope to see you at the property again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Holly Patterson
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Only stayed one night and had a great experience.

Checking-in was easy with very friendly staff, the room was spacious with a huge balcony and enormous bathroom. I cannot fault the lay-out or design, it has everything I needed for a very comfortable quick stay. Very nice to have plenty of room in the shower and lovely fluffy towels. Lined was also very good quality, as were the pillows and mattress.

Room Tip: Room 15 - very quiet overlooking a suburban street and away from road noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Mercure G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Donna W,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Gladstone. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind Regards,