“My new favourite in Gladstone”
Review of Mercure Gladstone

Mercure Gladstone
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Gladstone
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting much when I booked this hotel - I've stayed at several other Mercures that were older, run down hotels.

This one is brand new and very nice. Very clean with nice decor.

My room was well laid out and very comfortable. There was a couch and easy chair both with reading lights and end tables - a couple could comfortable spend a quiet evening reading. There was also a good desk for work. I had a balcony overlooking the sports field, it was nice facing away from the road and the railway tracks.

Breakfast wasn't great. A pretty limited continental with spotty service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gavin H, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear lahmalo,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mercure Gladstone.

As a new hotel with a young team it is re-assuring to hear from guests who have had a good stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room, we have worked hard to make them a home away from home. We are working on the breakfast experience so I do hope you get an opportunity to try it again in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

What a nice surprise, checking into the Mercure Gladstone, a fantastic property and ticked all the boxes...
The hotel is attached to a club and all very glitzy with a few dining choices and entertainment,
There are value added extras included like free cinema tickets, airport transfers, use of the sports club next doo (makes up for no pool).
The room was very funky and nice and roomy, beds comfortable as well as the pillows (very important!)
The continental breakfast was spot on, good quality and well priced.
Only downside is a bit out of town, however the free airport transfers make up for that.
Definitely recommend staying here - and will again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnePerry
Gavin H, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear AnnePerry,

Thankyou for your review, as a new property and a young team your review is very reassuring. Our goal is to provide the best accomodation in the area and we are continulally working towards this.

The "Lifestyle Package" has just been updated to include the Gladstone Aquatic centre, so although it is not onsite you will have access to the pools there very shortly.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed for 1 night and were pleasantly surprised. Whilst it was expensive, so is everywhere in Gladstone. The Superior room was beautiful. Inviting, clean & spacious. The bedding was very comfortable. The choice of several restaurants just downstairs was fantastic. Staff at reception were lovely. Job well done Mercure.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SRS_1985

Dear SRS_1985,

Thanks for your feedback, I am very glad you had a good stay with us.

You will be please to know we have recently reviewed our pricing and this has seen the room rate come down by aound $40.00 per night. Please let me know if you are staying again and I will make sure you have another great stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the mercure on business and was very pleased. The rooms were new and fresh, the fit out nice and the facilities provided a good home away from home. I will be using this as my base when ever I am in Gladstone - which will be often. It has everything I need. Good staff, a. Choice of food, access to excellent fitness facilities and above all good clean, we'll appointed rooms.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great rooms, great service, attached to a Sports Club - this setup works very well. Well run and has access to a pool and gym. A little out of town but not too far. Room service difficult as outsourced............

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rssgrn559
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent standard of rooms, very spacious, nicely decorated, beds comfortable and the best shower in the bathroom! Staff were very friendly and obliging. Having the sports club attached meant the Restaurant and bars were reasonably priced and plenty of choices. We chose the Italian ,as there was a big group of us there was a bit of a mix up but we still all had a great time. On the Friday they had free face painting with the most talented artists I have seen! all the children really enjoyed this keeping them entertained. The view from the room is of houses but it is Gladstone so did not expect anything else,and having no pool for us as a family was the only draw back. Will definitely stay here again and highly recommend if you are staying in Gladstone and want 5 star at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ihburg
Gavin H, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Lahmalo,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Mercure Gladstone, I am pleased you had a good stay with us.

As a young team in a new hotel we are trying to provide people with a great stay, it's reassuring to get positive feedback. As we work towards consistently high service levels across all areas of our business, I do hope you will notice improvements at breakfast.

Please let me know when you are staying again so I can make sure you have another good stay with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had been in mercure Gladstone once,the facility and everything else is new compare to other hotel in gladstone.but the service was poor,never been able to ring through the reception...seems there has never been any one there,I have try to book other stay with them the other day however something came up and I had to cancel it,again try to ring again and again the night before and on the booking day,the line has been connected once and drop off again and I was told one night accommodation fee need to be charged if cancellation wasn't done the day before...I try to just seems no one never at the reception at all!!!not pleasant after all!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Annasaya
Gavin H, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Annasaya,

I am sorry for the difficulties you had cancelling your booking, as we agreed on the phone you were not charged any cancelation fees.

Reception is staffed from 5am to 12midnight and staff are onsite outside of these hours however not at the desk specifically. The email address you have is also availale 24 hours.

Please let me know when you are back again and I will make sure you have a great stay.

Regards,