Metro Hotel & Apartments Gladstone
$68
Park View Gladstone(Gladstone)(Great Value!)
$48
Siesta Villa Motor Inn(Gladstone)(Great Value!)
$46
$77
$78
$72
Agoda.com
Econo Lodge Rusty's(Gladstone)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
$89
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Harbour Lodge Motel(Gladstone)(Great Value!)
$66
$52
Hotels.com
Camelot Motel(Gladstone)(Great Value!)
$61
Hotels.com
All reviewsrock saltbathroom a bit datedexcellent breakfastvery friendly and helpful staffown mealswe stayed in a two bedroommodern apartmentfree undercover parkingwould stay here againair conditionedwashing machinerestaurant downstairssmall balconyquiet areaclean tidywalking distance to restaurantscentre of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I travel alot around the world and was astounded at the condition of this hotel in comparison to what we were charged. We had a suite on the second floor that was filthy.The window ledges were dusty, bathroom tiles mildewed, the gasket on the fridge door was literally black with grime, there were crumbs in the utensil drawers, utensils were dirty, stains on the bedspread, Marks on the walls that easily could be washed off, tops of baseboards dirty and to top it off the patio door would not lock. As we had been driving all day and were to tired to go on, we stayed the night but would never recommend this hotel. I told the front desk about the problems and it was shrugged off. My email to management thanked me for letting them know and as I included pictures they were hard-pressed to deny the facts. They said they would rectify it. Hopefully they did. At $230. a night, I expect at least cleanliness.

Room Tip: My tip to others is if you want a nice, clean room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lex R
David R, Manager at Metro Hotel & Apartments Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thankyou for your feedback. We are continuously responding to all comments in efforts to improve the property. Recent changes include increased checks of rooms by supervisors, all guest comments are passed onto staff, and staff are regularly reminded to immediately report inadequate or malfunctioning equipment and facilities. It is hoped that this will assist in promoting a better awareness of guests needs and expectations. A bathroom regrouting programme is ongoing. The rates are set relative to the current high demand associated with ithe large scale construction of LNG plants and the port expansion. Once again thankyou. David (Manager).

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We booked into the Metro because we had a one night stop over in Gladstone before catching the boat to Heron Island. The hotel is conveniently located for that purpose and does have some shops and places to eat within walking distance. When booking, I was shocked at the prices for all of the hotels in Gladstone, I never did figure out why it was so expensive - but we did end up getting this room for a reasonable rate. The front desk staff was lovely - very nice and very helpful. The room was fine, it wasn't fancy - but for one night we really couldn't complain. A tip though - especially for those who are going out to Heron..... things close early in Gladstone. So if you roll in at 5pm and expect to run to the store for wine or to the chemist for something - you will find everything closed. We actually found this in many areas in Queensland - it's just something to keep in mind as you're planning. It was more than adequate though for the purpose and the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jennyv526
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Don't turn up in Gladstone and expect to find a room, Metro is old, but clean and that is what matters to me when I am away from home. Very friendly staff and manager that makes it easy to stay here. Just remember to book in well ahead. Everything in Gladstone gets booked out due to the mining and gas boom.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank James B
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We have been to this hotel several times and were, in the past, fortunate to get an upgraded room. This trip we were placed in one of the old, tired and rather ordinary rooms. The price of the room did not reflect the standard.

Hotels in Gladstone are now at the price level of Sydney. I feel the hotel owners are taking advantage of the local LNG plant construction. Personally, I don't mind paying the money IF I get value for my money. The hotel room we had was NOT worth the money. In addition, the kitchen was missing many basic tools and what was there was of very poor quality.

Fortunately the hotel has a good location and is just down the street from the Library Brasserie, a wonderful new restaurant in Gladstone. In addition, the marina is close by and there are wonderful walking paths in the area.

Next time I will insist on an upgraded room or will go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shasza
Reviewed July 9, 2010

It was a shock. The apartment and its fittings was at least 30 yrs old and that applies to the amount of dust and grime (and possibly mould??) accumulated in the apartment. Some of the appliances provided was very old, the socket on the wall was not working and the unclean kettle did not look usable (frankly, i did not even want to try) and the hair dryer was filthy to touch. I felt very unwell throughout my stay there. The only saving grace is the helpful manager. But then, I never stay in another Metro hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple