“Really impressed”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Gladstone
Brisbane
“Really impressed”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked via wotif a few days prior and made a request for a quite located room...(big drive, needed sleep). They called during the day of arrival checking what time we were expected and upgraded us to room 17, spa room to meet our request. Great sleep... Seriously , don't normally comment on stuff like this but the Pillows they use in rooms are the most comfy ever. All in all, it's no 5star resort, but the staff, service and rooms were top notch for our short stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Briz_JBandBB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here recently on a work trip, sharing the three bedroom apartment with colleagues. The room was clean and spacious, and the staff were very friendly. The motel is in a good location with a handy Coles Express servo across the road, a local woolies and IGA, and close to the centre of town.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper I recommend avoiding the three bedroom apartment as it faces the road...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Sarah H
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was a long standing guest at Toolooa until I changed jobs and was made to stay somewhere else. Well after making a stand, I was finally allowed to choose where I wanted to stay and had my first night back at Toolooa Gardens last week. Its so so good to be home (away from home).
I love this place. The beds are so comfy, the atmosphere, the gardens, the staff...everything. Im just so glad to be back x

Room Tip: I have stayed in just about every room here before. I love all of them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank vanessa a
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've commuted regularly from interstate last 18 months and experienced similar to others.
After half a dozen different motel stays, became a regular at the second caravan park.
Recent visit required accomodation close to city centre. With the benefit of previous scoping opportunities, decided Toolooa Gardens was close enough to still get some sleep.
Possibly one of my best desicions all year.
Having several short term value for money experiences, Toolooa Gardens provide competitive accomodation options coupled with service standards that are clearly setting the benchmark.
My first visit was in a 2B villa, next stay was in an open plan room with bunks. Both rooms were impeccably cleaned by friendly staff that value their guests.
All facilities and garden areas are well maintained and disguise very well where you are.
No surprises to learn Toolooa Gardens have recently attained #1 ranking on tripadvisor.
I have no hesitation in recommending Toolooa Gardens when you next visit Gladstone.
Enjoy your stay !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank john_3twon
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently stayed at Toolooa Gardens motel when my son was married in Gladstone after driving through floods all the way north it was great to kick back & relax in such are fine motel, very clean & friendly (great coffee machine in office) the ladies where friendly, some other family members where in the appartments which where spacious & clean I speak for all of us when I say we enjoyed our stay & would highly recommend this motel to any travellers

Room Tip: They all seem to be very quiet & clean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank carlsmith3
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I live in the Gladstone Region and sometimes have to stay in Gladstone overnight. I have stayed in a range of Gladstone accommodation (more than four other motels) and been bitterly disappointed as I have had to pay through the nose and the accommodation and service has been... pretty awful.

Not so with Toolooa Gardens. I had to stay in Gladstone twice this week. I stayed this time at Toolooa Gardens. If I ever have to stay again I will be heading straight to Toolooa Gardens. The service is friendly and efficient and staff responded to my needs. I needed to wash each night so they ensured I was near the laundry but in a great room and they supplied me with all I needed to do the washing easily. My room had a spa bath and it was fantastic. The rooms are so clean but they have a classy feel - beautiful decor and all the amenities you need. Whilst the motel doesn't have a restaurant they do a complementary 'breaky in a box' with cereal, juice, mueslie bar, and they are minutes away from a choice of restaurants and eateries. I highly recommend Toolooa Gardens. You will be mad to choose anywhere else. Perfect for solo, perfect for business, perfect for couples, perfect for families.

Room Tip: The staff will look after you. Just tell them what you need.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ali B
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed in a standard hotel room for 3 nights. Room and facilities clean and comfortable, staff were very courteous and helpful. Price for the standard room felt a little high in comparison to other motels. My next stay would definitely be in an apartment/villa. As far as value for accommodation in Gladstone, this is one of the best.

Room Tip: If you're planning on spending any amount of time in a room, I would recommend choosing somethin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo